Rod Storage Ideas?

• dr._flathead

I’m looking into making a rod rack for about a dozen rods. The longest are 8ft. So I am thnking something on the ceiling of my garage. Does anyone have a system that they like or ideas, suggestions, on how to build an easy to use holder?

Pics are welcome!

Thanks Dave!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Do you have open rafters? I have a pretty good and cheap system in my garage built out of metal conduit and pipe insulation. I’ll try to snap a pick tonight.

dr._flathead

Quote:

Do you have open rafters?

I do, but thats not where I want to build the rack system. Im going to put it where the ceiling is finished, and I can use the steps to the inside of the house as a “Height Helper” to reach the ceiling.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’m looking into making a rod rack for about a dozen rods. The longest are 8ft. So I am thnking something on the ceiling of my garage. Does anyone have a system that they like or ideas, suggestions, on how to build an easy to use holder?

Pics are welcome!

Thanks Dave!

my system isn’t up to par now?…

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Sorry for the bad picture but you can see mine attached to the ceiling. During the open water season my boat sits under the rack and it is very easy to pick the rods that I want for the day. The rack is made out of oak and is screwed to the ceiling.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I have used these.
    Pretty simple and effective.
    Believe they were only about $2.00 each when I bought them though.
    Could attach to a nice sheet of wood and wood to ceiling.
    Maybe buy 1 set 1st and see if you like them? Just an idea.
    Fish house supply
    very bottom of page.
    http://www.fishhousesupply.com/icefishingelectronics.htm

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

redrnger

I took 8×4 trellises cut them length wise, screwed 2-2 by 4s up above boat(finished ceiling)then screwed trellises to sides of 2x4s.Holds lots of rods-reels,30 or more.Spaced trellises about 5 1/2 feet apart and used 3/8″ trellis.Just reach above boat to grab the rods I want and go.Can even paint them any color you want before putting up to match ceiling more.BILL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.