Chad Knaus

• starvin pilgrim

NASCAR fined Knaus $100,000 and suspended him for 6 races. Ron Malec 6 races and Jimmy Johnson 25 points.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

I looked it up (rules infraction)

big_g
    Isle, MN

aka… blatantly cheating

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Since J J only has 2 points does he actually go in the hole?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

He sure is a slow learner

starvin pilgrim

Quote:

He sure is a slow learner

They’ll be watching him closer than ever now. I don’t mind people tweaking things for an edge, but he does’nt seem very good at it, but then again, how many times has he got away with it. The guys I have problems with PED users. It’s one thing to tweak a machine, but your body. Now thats cheating.

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

It was because they used the wrong pillers on the back of the car during the duels. For some reason they wanted to wait till after daytona to do anything about it. Least that’s what they said on speed channel before the duel.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Quote:

It was because they used the wrong pillers on the back of the car during the duels. For some reason they wanted to wait till after daytona to do anything about it. Least that’s what they said on speed channel before the duel.

You are exactly correct on the infraction.
    I wonder why they wanted to wait to hand out the discipline.
    Could be as simple as NASCAR always disciplines the Tuesday or Wednesday after the race. They address all rule violations at one time??

big_g
    Isle, MN

that and pizzing off JJ’s fans before the race, probably would have cost them $$$$’s in revenues.

starvin pilgrim

Quote:

that and pizzing off JJ’s fans before the race, probably would have cost them $$$$’s in revenues.

Good point. Most people forget, It’s called a business before it’s called a sport.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

So suspending JJ’s crew chief before the race would have affected JJ’s fans and monies how?…

It’s not like getting arrested on the street and they take you straight to jail…

I love it when Nascar suspends these guys for something as stupid as this infraction that did absolutely nothing to increase the speed or performance of the car…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Picture this… your a diehard JJ fan from Oregon. You travel to Daytona to watch him race… your walking around deciding which $40 T-Shirt and $25 hat of JJ’s that you are gonna get… when you find out that before he even races, he is 25 points in the hole Would kinda put a damper on the rest of Speed Week I think and maybe that T-Shirt isn’t as desired at the moment. Just my thinking

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Your logic is way off.

1. There are no real Nascar fans north of Tennessee.
    2. Jimmy Johnson has die hard fans?
    3. You are a hater of all things cool, like Ford, so your opinion doesn’t count.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

[It was because they used the wrong pillers on the back of the car during the duels. For some reason they wanted to wait till after daytona to do anything about it. Least that’s what they said on speed channel before the duel.]

It was found on Saturdays first inspection of the Daytona 500 cars before Sunday qualifiying for the front row of the Daytona 500.It failed first inspection and they cut out the C posts and Hendrick flew in new ones that day,crew worked through night to weld in new ones and then they went through inspection agian before front row qualifing on Sunday.The car was repaired before duels on Thursday.They say that same car was used last year at the 2 Daytona races and the 2 Talladega races,it had been to Nascar R&D 3 times and nothing was wrong and the car other than being repainted was the same car.I guess we will just have to wait till the appeal process is over.

On a side note ,all of the bigger teams(ie. RCR,Gibbs,Rousch,Hendrick) when they do up their budgets for the seperate teams under each owner,they budget for penalties and fines,that they may have to pay for working in the GRAY area of the rule book.Remember it only cheating if you get caught and all of the teams work in the GRAY area, it just what extent.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

I am not a JJ fan.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If a Walleye Tourney has a 200HP max and you “Resticker a 225” to a 200HP, is it cheating, only if you get caught ?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

You are just full of bad anologys today?… but to answer your’re question that would be cheating.. unless you are a JJ fan from Oregon …

big_g
    Isle, MN

Your full of something if you cannot understand that ?

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

Im in iowa and a fan, although my interest is fading in it. As far as the cheating, in my opinion its wrong no matter what. I personaly would rather lose than have to resort to cheating. I guess it just depends on what values a person holds closest. Those ‘gray areas’ are really starting to show in todays world though. If someone breaks into your home to steal something like food or what ever, wouldnt that be considered a grey area as to wether they should be punished?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.