Loan for used boats

• olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

Anyone know if you can get a loan for almost new boat?

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

You sure can. At my CU, the interest rate depends on how old the boat is.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i got a loan on my used boat last year. it’s a 2002 crestliner. the thing i will tell u is bank value on boats is pretty wack! don’t listen2 bank values just do your research and spend what u think is a good deal!

also…some of our members are able2 help u get loans on boats. i have read it in their thing below posts. hope 1of these guys help u out and get u in the right direction

starvin pilgrim

In my opinion, if you can, join a credit union. If you are a Union Member,join Building Trades Credit Union. Interest rates are unbelievably reasonable. My boat was 4%,new. 1999 car 4.5%,Camper new 6%. Credit Unions are the best way to go. Never ever go through a dealership.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

In my opinion, if you can, join a credit union. If you are a Union Member,join Building Trades Credit Union. Interest rates are unbelievably reasonable. My boat was 4%,new. 1999 car 4.5%,Camper new 6%. Credit Unions are the best way to go. Never ever go through a dealership.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My credit union rate for 2010 or newer boat was 3.69%.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

My last boat loan experience was that boat loan rates were much higher than used car loan rates. I was fortunate enough to have paid off my truck prior to buying the new/used boat and borrowed against the truck to buy the boat. My credit union was very willing to work with me on that

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Anyone know if you can get a loan for almost new boat?

You can get 2.99% at Wings Financial Credit Union if you open a checking account with direct deposit.

olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

This is a GREAT site Thanks to all for your help!! I will post what I find!

jackeboat

Those are great rates and credit unions can be a great place to go. Some credit unions also will allow you to purchase with zero down which is less than the national marine lenders offering 10% to 20% down. Usually they will be shorter terms such as 6 to 10 years where the national guys are 15 years above $25k. Money down and shorter terms hopefully will prevent you from going upside down.

I am actually a boat loan broker and found this post in google. There actually can be quite a bit to getting a loan. Knowing your credit score and debt to income ration before you start is a very good thing. Don’t let everyone pull your credit. Make some calls first.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yep,. Credit Union is the way to go.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.