Start your gardens…

• STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Just wondering when you start your gardens indoors and what you plant. I’m brainstorming now. Tomatoes and peppers are on my list after that I lose focus. Is it too soon to start now? I plan on starting them in a sunny room with about 8 flats in a mini greenhouse. No, cannabis is not on my list.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I grow moss roses for fun. Yes, moss roses.

I don’t have to start them until April.

Be sure to uncover the plants once they germinate. I lost my first batch last year because I left them covered too long and a fungis attacked them.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

My FW likes fresh cucumbers but the last 2 years ours didn’t germinate. So I’m going to start some inside to make sure they grow. I thought about doing a few corn plants so we could have sweet corn befrore or on July 4th.

thegun
    mn

we already got a full garden on the kitchen counter! all sprouted and growing good!

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

I was guessing that it was a little early to start but now its on. If my plants don’t make it it’s all of your faults… I just needed a little nudge to start, and now I’m going for it. It’s shaping up to be an early spring so we’ll see.

blufloyd

Test planted spinach, broccoli raab, and kohlrabi a while back in starter pots. The raab is supposed to be slow starter came right up. Spinach barely sprouted. I got more spinach planted in the herb garden pot out on the walkway covered in garbage bag. I’ll swap that out for clear bag soon.

I plan on setting up electric pad heated starter kit with tomatoes and peppers on or about 15th of March. Don’t want leggy before ground gets warm. I’ll be covering raised beds in black plastic too before then.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I was at my folks’ house yesterday, and they are getting ready to plant their stuff. I will just be getting my plants from them

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.