Jeremiah Johnson (The Movie)

• drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Saw My favorite movie all time again last night. So the question is who else thinks it is the best movie ever? And yes this is one of those pointless, dopey general discussion posts.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Well I am in total agreement with myself. And sorry about the first attempt. I flooped that one up.

dd

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Easy top 10 on my list but not number one for me

Ron

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

You can’t find another movie that is better than this classic! My family doesn’t agree, but I, too, love it! My favorite scene is when the Griz enters the cabin where Jeremiah is resting, and he is supposed to skin it!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Ron

X2

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I am not a huge Robert Redford fan; but I think that the subject matter and Redford not having to talk much really worked well for him. And the supporting cast was great too.

dd

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

“Skin ’em Pilgrim, Skin ’em!”
    That was so funny…

loshinit420

Great Movie, “Saw It Right Off” just not my number one.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Quote:

Quote:

It seems to me I have watched it several times.
    Ron

X2

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Boy old boy that can make a guy feel like he is gettin old , I think I was 16 when that movie came out.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Never saw the movie,must have been fishing…..rrr

timmy

Never saw the movie – but read the book “crow killer”. It is the story of Jeremiah Johnson’s life. It is a real hair raiser…… he didn’t get the nickname “liver Eatin Johnson” for nothing…..

I highly recommend it.

T

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“You cook good rabbit, Pilgrim”

“Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman’s heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest [censored] that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don’t get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman’s breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it. “

Maybe not the best movie ever but a darned good one.

Rootski

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Quote:

“Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman’s heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest [censored] that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don’t get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman’s breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it. “

Rootski

Agreed

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Great Movie, in the top ten, but it is pretty hard to beat the Godfather # 1 …

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

“You’ve done well, keeping all that hair with so many wantin it.”

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Just read Robert Redford biography. It is interesting to read his take on the movie (he loved it) and it was this movie that first took him to the area where Sundance is now.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I cant have a favorite movie of all time but I do like this one a lot.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Rootski

One of the best quotes!!!!! Top ten movie for me! But way too many errors. My favorite is the close up of the Gov’t issue Victor #5dls trap he is holding along the bank of the creek. Was issued to gov’t contracted trappers about 30 years after the movie was based on. Also got a kick out of the drowned beaver that wasn’t on a drowner rig Lots of mistakes, but still a good movie. As far a mountain trapping movies, you also have to add The Mountain Men to the list. Not a Charlton Heston fan, but the supporting cast does a good job.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Top ten, I’d watch Man in the Wilderness if they were both on at the same time though.
    But yes, it is one I can’t pass up

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Just watched it last weekend. If it is on I try not to miss it. I think I have only seen it a dozen times or so.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

The woman who played Jeremiah’s “wife” Swan, Delle Bolton only made that one movie (Jeremiah Johnson) and did a guest appearance on an episode of “Monk” in 2008. Google searched the heck out of it and she is a mystery. And, of course the only babe in the whole tribe ends up being Jeremiah’s wife.

dd

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I was wondering if that is where you took your name from. Good choice!

dd

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.