intro

• the pyromaniac

Howdy!

I just joined, so I thought I’d introduce myself. My name is the pyromaniac, and I am a fishing addict.

I live in the southwest corner of Virginia, and do mostly bass and rough fishing. I caught my 60th species in December.

I’m hoping to contribute here and learn something that will help me get close to 200 species.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Welcome! What bodies of water do you like to fish down there?

FDR

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Howdy

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Welcome to IDO. 60 different species of fish is amazing. Do you travel or all caught in the US?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome !!! Don’t be afraid to burn it up in here

deertracker

Quote:

And now you’ve met Big G. Every site has one.

Welcome!
    DT

the pyromaniac

Thanks for the welcome, vatos! 55 of the 60 were caught in southwest and central Virginia, 4 surf/pier fishing in NC and SC, and one in a small river in France.

Most of my fishing here is in small to medium-sized rivers like the Clinch, Guest, Powell, Russell Fork, Pound, Cranesnest, Holston, Roanoke, Pigg, upper James, Blackwater, Little, and Little Pigeon Rivers. I fish a lot of small streams and farm ponds as well.

I’m hoping that by 2014 I can fish Brasil (wife is from there), Mexico (one of my fishing buddies just built a house), France (I know a guy in Nice), Spain (I know a guy in Zaragoza and a guy in Andalusia), and Germany (I know a guy in München and one of my fishing buddies knows several guys in Marburg).

the pyromaniac

Quote:

Quote:

And now you’ve met Big G. Every site has one.

Welcome!
    DT

On bluegilltalk and here-fishyfishy(dot)co(dot)uk I’m that guy…

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Welcome to IDO Pyro !!

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Welcome! I spent some hot days at Fort A.P. Hill this last summer in your fair state!

igotone

Great site here – enjoy

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO!

starvin pilgrim

Welcome PyroMan. I myself grew up in northern Minn,joined the Navy, met my wife and stayed for 20 years. I tried to get into fishing down there, but when you learn in the best fishery in the U.S., you get spoiled. But, I kid you not, Virginia is the most beautiful state in this country. I lived in Va.Beach, Chesapeake,Norfolk,and near Appomatox. I truely miss Va. But the fishing is much better up here. Wait until the first time you walk onto A frozen lake or the “Ol Miss”.Shoot me a PM.Go Cavs!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.