American ________ Reality TV

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well I saw that they have 2 new show, Gator Boys and American Stuffers. The latter about taxidermists that include stuffing pets.

All I can say is…Please Make It Stop!

Most of these shows are about mundane jobs and you can tell the parts where the show producers make up drama.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That’s why we have things like IDO. Todays TV is geared for the pea brains

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Agreed! There are some I don’t mind, but there are others where they just ham it up the whole time to the point where it’s not believable at all.

Good thing about it is that it makes it much easier to get other things done! Like tie jigs and think about new things to try or places to go fishing when the ice is gone (or safe)!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I should have noted that I am a pea brain. I do enjoy reality TV, but it is getting out of hand.

Someone is probably pitching Rooters right now. A show about plumbers who clean out clogged sewage.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Glad Im not the only one…Im so sick of reality tv its not even funny. Half of the “reality” shows arnt even real, they have scrips that are supposed to represent reality. Wrap your head around that one

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Glad Im not the only one…Im so sick of reality tv its not even funny. Half of the “reality” shows arnt even real, they have scrips that are supposed to represent reality. Wrap your head around that one

;;.Dont try the WWA then. …..rrr

milemark_714

I like how long”South Beach tow” lasted.I like the ones on History channel,but TruTV is wacked

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That reminds me, what’s the other new one, American Movers? Moving Wars?

blufloyd

No TV since 1999. If you get detoxed you will never go back.
    Dead media.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

That reminds me, what’s the other new one, American Movers? Moving Wars?

Shipping Wars and it’s an absolutely stupid show in every way. I’ve been in that business for over a decade and everything about that show is ridiculous.

rmartin
    United States

The reality is “who gives a rats a$$” I sure hate to see Discovery Channel go down this road.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Well I saw that they have 2 new show, Gator Boys and American Stuffers. The latter about taxidermists that include stuffing pets.

All I can say is…Please Make It Stop!

Most of these shows are about mundane jobs and you can tell the parts where the show producers make up drama.

It’s getting pretty bad. Ax Men, Truckers and all the news shows (rock people or whatever). The stations are reaching pretty far and putting garbage on the air.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

It’s getting pretty bad. Ax Men, Truckers and all the news shows (rock people or whatever). The stations are reaching pretty far and putting garbage on the air.

You can’t really blame them. The writers guild really screwed themselves when they went on strike a couple of years ago. The networks realized they could pump out these reality shows for pennies on the dollar compared to the production/writing costs of a scripted and acted program.

Now if you want to watch a show that’s brilliantly written and acted, check out Breaking Bad.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think reality shows are over extending themselves now to the point that they will start pulling back. They can’t be making that much money on all the shows.

I end up wondering how much these people get paid. They obviously don’t get paid the same amount an union actor would, but it has to be decent.

How about Hook, Line and Sisters? That show is worth one watching because their dad is a crabby [censored]. After that though, its pretty boring.

I’ll still take a reality show over a horribly written CSI show. I don’t know how some of the dramas are successful, because they all seem very corny to me.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

I don’t know how some of the dramas are successful, because they all seem very corny to me.

Least common denominator, man. Networks don’t target those of us with discerning tastes. They target the masses who will be satisfied with any hunk of junk you put in front of them.

mudcatkid
    On water

Quote:

Networks don’t target those of us with discerning tastes. They target the masses who will be satisfied with any hunk of junk you put in front of them.

Agreed! The latest craze in reality shows is aimed at the masses with very little intellectual stamina! Seriously – is there that much demand for a TV show called Parking Wars? Apparently.

I still watch some TV – i.e. Seinfeld reruns and the local news. Thats about it! I read more books that I used to.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Parking wars has been on for a while. Its funny when people confront them in the street, but they spend too much time at the DMV, which isn’t as funny.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Both NCIS shows. CBS Tuesday nights.
    He77 on Wheels. AMC Sunday nights
    The Good Wife, Sundays at 8.

Thats about it. I’ll hit the Alaska cop show, pawn shop shows once in a while.

My wife is a BIG, BIG Idol fan, I’ve watched about 3 minutes total, thats a waste of time in my opinion.

All time favorite might be “Alone in the Wilderness” about 4 times a year on PBS.

Pug, you forgot to mention the most scripted shows running……………the debates!!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Speaking of scripted………whats that show on Fox North Sunday mornings at 8?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.