Do you like your Ipad?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

If you have an Ipad do you like it? Any complaints or must have accessories if I buy one?

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Love it! Get a case you like thats about it.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I’d also check out “Kindle Fire”.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

I believe IPADS are incredible with the exception that they are not compatible with Flash. Many things utilize Flash. We have implemented them at our hospitals and run them with VM View. Word of warning though, they seem to be very sensitive to cold temperatures.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well in 5 years you won’t have to be worried about Flash. And that is according to Adobe and a Flash/Flex Developer (me). Then again, we’ll probably be on the iPad 6 by then.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Totally I use itatleast twice a day. (IDO) I read off it send email. Ect.

sandmannd

I haven’t picked up a tablet yet because I’m still in research mode. iPad 3 is coming out this spring. Here’s what I don’t like about apple, everything you want for it you can only get with apple. You can’t expand the memory on it so if you buy an 8 gig, that’s all you’re ever gonna have. If you go with a Samsung Galaxy or something similar you can expand the memory with SD cards and Android OS’s are way more customizable that Apple products. Not saying the apples are bad but you pay more for them and continue to pay if you wanna expand or customize them.

That’s my two cents.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I have the 16 gb 3G nodel and its great. I was very skeptical at first since I’m an old Windows guy, been in IT since 85. But we use them to do just about everything a laptop will do and more.

Get a case with integrated Bluetooth Keyboard, just wish I could use a mouse on it!

I have this one

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggfolio-ipad-2-keyboard-case

This is also nice

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggfolio-ipad-2-keyboard-case

Yes you are tied to Apple unless you jailbreak it but I have seen no need to do that. Tons of free apps and the pay ones are cheap. Things may loosen up now that Jobs is gone.

Must have apps

MapQuest: if they come out with an iPAd version

Navionics

ESPN Sportscenter

iHeart Radio

Cribbage Pro

Find iPhone/iPad

Snow Trails

I have hundreds of songs and a lot of pictures and videos on it and still have a lot of room left.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

It should be noted that only the ipads with 3g have a gps sensor, the regular wifi ones don’t and therefore I don[t think will work with “navigation” programs.

hnd

i have one and its convenient. but as someone mentioned as much as apple heads will tell you that flash is going the way of the dodo, they’ve been saying it for years and flash is still all over the internet and while we are slowly seeing a transistion, its going to take a while.

i frequent a ton of sites that still have flash material and they are virtually worthless on the ipad.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I have an iPad and love it. But it is not a replacement for a notebook or desktop computer.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I love it! Use it for web browsing and there are a ton of useful apps like the Weather Channel that I use daily. I am researching the Nook and the Kindle Fire for a second one for the family to use.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

For music, books, email and surfing the web it is the greatest.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

If anyone is looking for a NOOK Color you can buy Refurbished units for $129 on Ebay directly from Barnes & Noble or on Overstock.com Great price on a color reader.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.