D Day

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

The Wisconsin Castle Doctrine to be signed into law by Governor Walker next Wednesday, December 7! First a new Concealed Carry Law and soon to follow the Castle Law. We will have come a long way Baby!

drew-evans
    rochester MN

sorry but i need to ask what the castle law is?

stuart
    Mn.

If someone breaks into your home you may use deadly force as it will be assumed they did it to cause you harm.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I am for the law but do not like the fact that December 7 was chosen for the siging another day could have been chosen.

stuart
    Mn.

Yes they could have picked a better day.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Post deleted by targaman

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

a friend of mine from work lives in danbury wi, a few years back, he shot a man dead that broke into his house while he was at home watching football. put 2 in his chest after he broke the door down. he was charged and it was tied up in court for a long time. my friend had 2 lawyers from the nra along with his lawyer. the chargers were later dropped as this person was there to commit bodly harm. i hope this castle law was brought forth as a result of his case. i remember him calling me from jail after it happend, real sobering. it is about time that wisconson inacts a law that says that you can protect yourself in your own home

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Commonly known as the “Castle Doctrine,” would provide essential protections for law-abiding citizens who defend themselves and their families from a criminal looking to do them harm. “Castle Doctrine” establishes the presumption that an individual who forcibly enters ones home, business or occupied motor vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, and allows force, including deadly force, against that person. This bill also eliminates any “duty to retreat” so that law-abiding citizens no longer must turn their back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Finally, the Castle Doctrine would provide that any person who uses force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force and also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it restores rights to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors to focus on protecting victims.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Should have entitled this post “Don’t Forget to Knock”!

fireline
    Rochester

Does MN have the Castle Law ?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

About time, a man should not fear protecting his family and home!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Does MN have the Castle Law ?

From what I can ascertain the Castle Doctrine is enacted on a state by state basis. Minnesota, I believe has enacted a version of the Castle Doctrine albeit a weaker variation than the Wisconsin Castle Law. I recommend you do your own research and/or check with an attorney licensed to practice in Minnesota.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

minnesota’s version, if i remember correctly, retains a ‘responsibility of retreat’ clause. TBS in my opinion…

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

minnesota’s version, if i remember correctly, retains a ‘responsibility of retreat’ clause. TBS in my opinion…

That is my understanding also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.