Marcum LX-5 problem

• tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

charging battery and display is flashing 0, checked this morning and new battery from last year didnt charge still flashing zero.stuck another battery on and it says 60% and charging,checked later and display flashing zero and battery is very warm,unplugged. is my charger going?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Were either of these 2 batteries charged this summer? Battery #1 left on the Lx5 will most likely bead dead at not recoverable if not charged throughtout the summer months. The DCS will draw a small charge and eventually drain your battery to nothing.
    do you have a way of checking voltage other than through the DCS?

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

stuck another battery on and it says 60% and charging,checked later and display flashing zero and battery is very warm,unplugged. is my charger going?

You might try turning the flasher on with this battery in it. I have seen electric forklifts not run properly after a full charge because the forklift thinks the battery is dead when it is actually overcharged. You drive the lift a little bit unplug the battery then plug it back into the lift and now it shows a full charge.

It is worth a try, (I know I am talking about two different types of batteries gel cell vs lead acid) but it still worth a try.

Good luck

seeds
    SE WI

More likely it’s the charge indicator. I do not trust them as I’ve had a couple go bad. I also don’t trust to have them between the charger and battery….I use a charger with alligator clips or the one the Marcum came with but I change out the plug for clips.

I have two Marcum battery indicators that I beleve work. I also have a couple chargers that have a green light when the battery’s fully charged.Between everything,I an be fsirly certainb I have a fully charged battery.

But I still never go any real distance for icefishing without two fully charged batteries and if going overnight, a good charger.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.