G M C Acadia

• sink-her
    Kasson MN

I was wondering if anybody has one and if they could give me any pros and cons. And what the fuel milege is any help would be great this would be the wifes new vehicle Thanks for any info Jason

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I just bought one for my wife. Haven’t even burned a tank of gas thru it yet. 2012 SLT1. Lots of great features. I hear the mileage isn’t as good as advertised. Jury is still out in my mind but she loves it

iceman35
    upstate New York

If your gonna drop that kind of money on a vehicle, mileage is not a concern… great vehicle, one of the nicest on the road.

znak
    Byron, Mn. Rainy Lake

Bought one for the wife 6 months ago. We take it to Rainy instead of my pickup, lot’s of leg room, rides great and the dogs are not on someones lap. Gets 20-22 on the interstate. Really like it a lot. The only thing I don’t like is if you are tall, I’m 6’3″, the headrest is angled forward too much and so your head tips forward, not real comfortable, so I turned it around. Very nice vehicle.Dealer says this is a common complaint but not that big of a deal.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

I have a 2011 Traverse. Basicly the same vehicle. My wife drives 90% of the time. We average 18 to 20 mpg. Took it Door Co. in Sept. We got 25.3 on the highway doing 68mph on the way up and 24.2mpg on the way back. Mine is all wheel drive. That is better than what is posted on the window. That mileage came from 100% gas no ethanol 91 octane fuel. Ethanol will rob 2to 3 mpg minimum. My wife loves it.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

We have the Saturn Outlook which is basically the same as the Acadia, however just a bit cheaper because its a saturn. This vehicle is no longer made but still backs the GM product line. My wife loves this vehicle, she gets about 22 mpg like mentioned above. Its great to haul the kids around in, plenty of storage when the 3rd row is folded down. I don’t like the engine in our vehicle, I think its the inline 6? The engine is doggy between 5th and 6th gear so basically 50-55mph. We went with the front wheel drive and traction control vs. all wheel drive, last winter handled well in snow.
    My only complaint is the engine.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

We have had our Chev Traverse for 7 months, 6 thousand miles. It has the trailer package with front wheel drive, 280 hp v6.
    The mileage has been, 24 highway, 17 highway and city, 14 city only, 17 pulling my Alumacraft Lunker. Love it, so far.

The Traverse only comes with a jack and a spare tire if you have the trailer package option.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

We had an 07 Saturn Outlook (23K miles) for about 6 months but it honestly spent more time in the shop than in our garage. Saturn pulled the engine at least 5 times and had techs in from Chicago and Tenn to try to figure it out before I pushed GM To buy it back from us under the lemon laws. Most of the issues were in the engine and traction control. I liked the room and the car itself but can’t say I or the FW trusted it after all that mess. Never got a chance to try to tow with it. I know others that have the Acadia and Traverse and love them and none of the issues I had.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

2007 was a very bad year for those vehicles. My boss had one and nuttin but trouble

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

We had an 07 Saturn Outlook (23K miles) for about 6 months but it honestly spent more time in the shop than in our garage. Saturn pulled the engine at least 5 times and had techs in from Chicago and Tenn to try to figure it out before I pushed GM To buy it back from us under the lemon laws. Most of the issues were in the engine and traction control. I liked the room and the car itself but can’t say I or the FW trusted it after all that mess. Never got a chance to try to tow with it. I know others that have the Acadia and Traverse and love them and none of the issues I had.

My sister is going through this with the Buick varient and are having the same issues. She wishes she would have bought the Durango.

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

07 was the first year for the Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave,and the GMC Acadia. The first few had issues, other then that they have been dead on great. I am a GM sales consultant and I could have chosen anything to put my wife and kids in. I chose the Acadia due to the fuel mileage and it is one of the safer 3rd row crossovers on the road.
    If you talk to enough people someone will have issues and more then likley will voice thier opinion. Those seem to be the people that talk about thier vehicles. Take a look at what you see on the road. There are thousands of happy GMC owners out there. I am one of them. Buy American!

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Thanks for all the info everybody the wife and i made the purchace tonight and will pick it up wednesday i am looking foward to it. We bought the awd one hope she likes it. THANKS again!!!!

iceman35
    upstate New York

I like the buick version.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Is the Acadia the one that looks like the Pacifica did ?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Hope you like your Acadia.
    Mine is a 2007 SLT2 and bought it at a year and a half old, dealer certified car. It has been great.
    Am probably going to sell it and pick up a 2012 Acadia Denali.
    Jack

hnd

wifes parents have the buick version of the acadia. they like it and have had no problems the few years they’ve owned it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.