PETA is at it again….

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hope they don’t find out about my ant farm.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I smashed a centipede last night. I was down in the basement and it viciously attacked me. Did him in with the heel of my ice fishing boot. Don’t tell em!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oooo, its that time of year again! Wait till we get a soaking rain! Man, there is no bug that grosses me out more than a house centipede.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

you’re not kidding…it was dang near 3″.

desperado

Jason, you rogue citizen; don’t you know there’s no place in our modern society for vigilante-style justice?
    When faced with the centipede situation which you encountered, you’re supposed get on your cell phone and alert the proper authorities; but it’s ill advised to take matters into your own hands.
    Although in this case I’m not sure if the proper authority to call would have been your city’s animal control officer or maybe Orkin.

desperado

By the way, I hope you have a permit for that weapon which you refer to as an “ice fishing boot”

john23
    St. Paul, MN

My dog kills every centipede that dares enter our house. Every so often I’ll be watching the tv and he’ll suddenly jump up and grab one that was crawling along the bottom of the wall. As long as he’s the one doing all the awful killing, I suppose I’ll be able to sleep at night.

desperado

OK . . . next time someone needs to report a centipede as an intruder in their home,
    I guess we can call John23’s dog

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It kind of wigs me out more when the animals dispose of them. Did you know house centipedes eat spiders?

desperado

Quote:

Did you know house centipedes eat spiders?

So, isn’t that technically one animal in the house disposing of another?

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Although in this case I’m not sure if the proper authority to call would have been your city’s animal control officer or maybe Orkin.

I was on a walk with the FW recently and there was an Orkin man (actually it was terminex I think) dumping a container full of critters in the middle of the park near our house. I think it has to be animal control….at least they will euthanize the multi-legged bastage.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.