Alaska

• Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

My wife and I and another couple are looking at either taking a cruise or doing some traveling by car. Have any of you guys done either or both? What would you recommend? I would like to do a fishing trip at least one day or half day and I don’t think that is really an option with the cruise. Opinions????

Dave Bonjour
    Menomonie Wisc

Fly into Fairbanks do 3day train cruise to Ankorage had time to fish one morning for salmon then do the 7day cruise to Vancouver. Went on Royal Caribean thru AAA lots of fun good luck

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Anchorage to Homer is beautiful! Many places to catch a charter out of Soldatna and Deep Creek. Some nice glacier sight seeing in the Chugak mountain range. Absolutely beautiful country!

trucker
    Prairie DuChien WI.

Fly into Anchorage and rent a camper. That way you can go where you want when you want. I have been to Seward twice and it is a great drive from Anchorage.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I’ll second the idea of flying to Anchorage and renting a camper. Then you can go where ever you’d like.

I have done the Anchorage – Soldotna – Homer trip six times and it’s awesome

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

If you do the cruise, your time to fish will be very limited. Be sure you choose a time when the salmon are running. I had a 5 hour window at one stop and a 10 hour window at another. Since the salmon weren’t running, I chose to just sight see. Another guy and 5 of his friends went on the 5 hour trip and caught 1 fish (a species I had never heard of) for the group. Good luck on your quest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.