Cruise Control

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

My wifes cruise control quit working and I can’t for the life of me get it going again. THe fuses are all OK,I t shows that it’s on, But it won’t set. Any ideas?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Sorry….It’s a 2003 Lesabre.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Check for vacuum line leak Sir.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Chappy, knowing the year ,make and model may help us help you

It could be one of several things going on.. multi function switch bad,cruise module bad or bad vacuum line feeding the cruise, bad electrical connection,cable unhooked ……ect

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Just get her a 3 brick cruz set. First brick fits over the pedal and does 55mph and second does 70mph and 3rd and final brick is a lead one so it should at least do 80.

check vacuum hoses

check to see if you have power going in and out of the switch. find a wiring diagram- use a test light.

check the Cruise Control Module for power.

just go to a junk yard and pick up a switch and a module. I would say the safe bet is the module went out of the switch is getting power and the light is on.

good luck

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Any ideas?

Drive Normal

KenDelano
    Albert Lea, MN

Since it shows on the dash this it is one, I would have to say that it’s the switch on the column that is bad. Had the exact same thing happen to mine last month.

stuart
    Mn.

Might be a bad dick4 or a old henwiegh.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Since it shows on the dash this it is one, I would have to say that it’s the switch on the column that is bad. Had the exact same thing happen to mine last month.

I have replaced the module….Like I said, the light comes on on the steering wheel to tell me the system is on, But it should say “Cruise” on the instrument panel,but it will not keep the speed..

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

If it is a henweigh how much is it?

big_g
    Isle, MN

does it drop speed on her ? this totally sounds like a vacuum line.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

does it drop speed on her ? this totally sounds like a vacuum line.

It doesn’t ever set the speed. I’ve been told it’s all mechanical and eletrical…No Vac. lines running to the unit. Also a good bet it’s the set switch on the steering wheel.

big_g
    Isle, MN

On a 2003, I highly doubt they do not have a cruise servo…

big_g
    Isle, MN

actually just checked ALLData… the servo is electronic as well. They list about 15 different things to probe check with a test light…. Oh boy !!!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

actually just checked ALLData… the servo is electronic as well. They list about 15 different things to probe check with a test light…. Oh boy !!!

I just checked with the wife……….She said it can wait for now. She just got laid off. She’s a mortgage closing assistant and a closer. She’s open to all kinds of office jobs.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

All I see is a block of wires going into the module and a cable coming out and connects to the throttle “rocker”. Unless there is a vac from the steering wheel…..I don’t see one. I’m not a mechanic though.I have to book.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Quote:

Also a good bet it’s the set switch on the steering wheel.

These are (or where) a common problem with the Lesabre. I want to say they are fairly inexpensive ($20?) but it has been awhile since I have worked in a GM parts department.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

The multifunction switch in the sterring column has a reputation for failing. So I was told when my 2001 Buick cruise control failed and it turned out to be that switch. Mechanic told me that exact trouble shooting was troublesome (ha ha). They replaced the module at the throttle linkage and when that did not change anything he said it is likely that multi-function switch. I was lucky enough to find a used one at a local junk yard for under $100. Was told the new switch runs $400 and seviceable used ones are scarce as hen teeth. A no brainer for me because with out cruise I am certain to get speeding tickets on the lightly traveled two lane highways I drive.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I have a guy I can get parts from a totaled 2003 lesabre. Just wanna narrow it down so I’m not buying the whole car. Multi function switch is in the comumn?or on the steering wheel?

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Chappy is the check engine light on? If so it will not work while that light is on. Also the brake switch could be showing the brake pedal depressed(on) with out the brake lights being on or pedal being pushed…..just a few for thought!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’ll check it. Thanks

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

yep I agree a vacummn leak.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

yep I agree a vacummn leak.

There is no vac. to it……It’s all electronic.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Old lady’s cruise control has been stuck since two weeks after the honeymoon ended. Ok, I’ll bite…What’s a Henwey?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.