one-eyes?

• jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Several years ago I bought a few one-eyes. I’ve only tried them a couple of times and have yet to catch anything on them. How the heck do you use them, a lot of people swear by them. Right now, I’m using a bait caster with braided line vertical jigging. I think I’ve had a few hits, but no fish. Should I be using mono instead of braid? Do you add a minnow or crawler?

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

I make them & i use braid i vertical jig them cast them to shore jig them back its with everyting you have to use them til you get use to them it took me a while myself to catch fish on them now i kill the fish on them

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

What the heck do they look like? Are they some kind of spoon?

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Yes they are a type of spoon

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Darn, I just had supper with Hutch last Friday night, I should have asked him how to fish them.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I got turned on to them by Dean several years ago…they are very effective for sauger in strong current. The thin profile and density enables you to pop them off the bottom and let them flutter back on a tight line.
    As with blades, many times they suck in the One Eye on the flutter back… if you allow slack line you will miss a lot of strikes.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Quote:

I got turned on to them by Dean several years ago…they are very effective for sauger in strong current. The thin profile and density enables you to pop them off the bottom and let them flutter back on a tight line.
    As with blades, many times they suck in the One Eye on the flutter back… if you allow slack line you will miss a lot of strikes.

I think that might be part of my problem. I’m free spooling my bait caster trying to hold it with my thumb and not doing a very good job of holding it.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’m surprised millerman hasn’t chimed in yet

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

I’m surprised millerman hasn’t chimed in yet

LOL…aint that the truth!

This is the time of year right before the suicide bite that one eyes really shine on pool 4. That’s all I’m sayin… “just sayin” !

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

The ol “Double Pump” and you miss them!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

That’s a Pool 11 classic!! How can you go wrong with the ol’ one eye? Just bought a bunch from Elite Outdoors in Dubuque, had them on sale for 85 cents.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.