Record Low Tonight

• drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I just checked the weatherguide calendar and the record low for the 15th of September in MPLS/St. Paul is 36 degrees. Predicted low for tonight is 33 degrees according to weather.com. Cover them ‘Maters!

dd

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

It snowed up north

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Brrrrr!! Tomatos and peppers are undercover. I want hard water, but this is a weeee bit early…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

It snowed up north

IMHO, ice pellets are not snow. I think the media was trying to make bigger story out of the cold by trying to pass it off as a ice pellet/snow mix.

Michael Moy
    S.W. Wright Co. Mn.

I arrived home from work at 1am and went down to the garden and the grass already had ice on it. It is going to freeze hard out here in s.w. Wright Co.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

34 here last night

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

The bowhunters are lovin it, clear as a bell and cold as hell !!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think you know how I feel about it…

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

Quote:

34 here last night

28 in Fayette my poor garden, it was freezing by 9PM last night. didn’t do any good to cover anything here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think the ice is ready for you Bret.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<snicker>

deertracker

This is what it looked like near Alexandria this morning.
    DT

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Everybody remember, that according to environmentalists, global cooling is global warming. Boy, it’s hard to lose that argument. It’s like “recession growth”.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Everybody remember, that according to environmentalists, global cooling is global warming. Boy, it’s hard to lose that argument. It’s like “recession growth”.

Come on, everyone knows when it is hot out, it is called “Global Warming”, but when it is cold out, then it is simple “Global Climate Change”

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

It snowed up north

IMHO, ice pellets are not snow. I think the media was trying to make bigger story out of the cold by trying to pass it off as a ice pellet/snow mix.

Pug:

They officially called it snow in Rhinelander yesterday, the earliest on record for them and recorded at only a trace. It hailed at the same time here in Minocqua and never covered the ground, but there were some cool clouds rolling around here on the way home from work showing white shafts of precip. falling.

Now as the king of corn for Minocqua’s Beef-a-rama, I am hoping that my corn grower in the Stevens Point area doesn’t have a hard freeze before I need my corn in ten days!!!

Mark

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Light frost but no freeze in Woodbury. Covered the mators for nothing.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Pug:

They officially called it snow in Rhinelander yesterday, the earliest on record for them and recorded at only a trace. It hailed at the same time here in Minocqua and never covered the ground, but there were some cool clouds rolling around here on the way home from work showing white shafts of precip. falling.

Now as the king of corn for Minocqua’s Beef-a-rama, I am hoping that my corn grower in the Stevens Point area doesn’t have a hard freeze before I need my corn in ten days!!!

Mark

Yeah I just checked the NWS Duluth and it said a trace of snow yesterday. I guess if meteorologist call it snow, their call over rules mine. Personally though, even in the winter when it is ice pellets coming down, I don’t call it snow either. For me it has to be flakes.

By meteorologist standards, they should stop calling it a hail storm and start calling it a snow storm when there is a snow storm in July.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Better get that StrikeMaster fired up Mike!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Better get that StrikeMaster fired up Mike!

Cant. My Jiffy ate it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Last year the trees around Mille lacs where in there full fall colors during the sept full moon. That was about the 26 of the month. 10 days from now. Look for changes coming fast.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just got back from So Dakota…My maters and pumpkins are dead.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I am thinking they are probably having some very manly weather up in “manland” on the houseboat trip. And you just know there are gonna be some guys who did not bring warm enough stuff.

dd

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.