Wanted: Two Guys to Fish with Me on Rainy

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As many of you know In-Depth Outdoors has its fall houseboat trip to Rainy coming up on the 14th of Sept. Just when I thought I had nearly all the open spots filled two guys on MY houseboat are forced to back out by changes in work schedule. I’ll miss them but I also plan to text them relentless pictures of big fish all week. But that’s another story.

The real story here is there’s two spots on my houseboat for a couple guys that want to get in on a great trip. Cost is $470/guy. I know the lake well and make sure that everyone on my boat catches the heck out of fish. Right now my group of 4 includes Jon Jordan, Wade Kuehl and Grant Sorensen. We fish hard, relax with gusto in the evenings and eat too much. If that sounds like a good time… get in touch with me by phone, email or Private Message. All you need is a fishing boat, a buddy and time off over the 14 – 18 Sept. to go catch the heck out of the fish on Rainy.

Any takers?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Sounds awful

We might have to make cat guys sleep on the top of the houseboat… but you can still come.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Ohhhhh….I really want to do this…..it sucks being broke.

Rootski

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Ohhhhh….I really want to do this…..it sucks being broke.

Rootski

Fly lessons should cover the cost. You do have a captive class up there

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

James as MUCH as I would love to say “I am in” I am afraid the only place I would be “in” is the dog house if I went up with you and left the FW behind. Her job would not allow it at such time.The price is right ,and the reprecautions would be terrifying to face when I returned

Hope you fill the 2 spots and enjoy your time up there.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds awful

We might have to make cat guys sleep on the top of the houseboat… but you can still come.

Even though you’ll be chasing walleye, I would be interested, but my wife is due about that time. That’s probably something I should be home for

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

James as MUCH as I would love to say “I am in” I am afraid the only place I would be “in” is the dog house if I went up with you and left the FW behind. Her job would not allow it at such time.The price is right ,and the reprecautions would be terrifying to face when I returned

Jeff, you need to learn this phrase. “She’ll get over it.” Once you learn that, life is so much more fun.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

“It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission”

timmy

My wife would love to get rid of me for a few days……and if it was not opening of grouse season I would be all over that!

Whoever signs up for that deal will be very pleased with it, no doubt!

T

norge

James,
    I would like in on it. Sent you a PM.
    Lloyd

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

James,
    Lloyd

That actually took longer than I was expecting. Have fun. I am sure it won’t be too difficult to do that.

FDR

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

James,
    Lloyd

That actually took longer than I was expecting. Have fun. I am sure it won’t be too difficult to do that.

FDR

I was thinking the same thing. An offer a guy can’t refuse. If I was not moose hunting this year, I would be on that without a second thought.

Good luck guys and have a blast

Ryan, you could make it back to see the baby….if she would let you at that point

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Even though you’ll be chasing walleye, I would be interested, but my wife is due about that time. That’s probably something I should be home for

Same situation here.

Is there a way I can support her through labor over video phone or something?

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Kinda wish I would have waited to sign up now. Who would in there right mind pass up an oppertunity to fish with you.

Either way it is going to be a good time.

sandmannd

Man I wish I had the cash to do this. It’s a great rate but I’m strapped right now. Otherwise I’d love to do the trip.

blackbay

Why is it that money, actually lack there of, work and sometimes wives with other ideas get in the way of great fun. LOL

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Why is it that money, actually lack there of, work and sometimes wives with other ideas get in the way of great fun. LOL

Because some of you guys let them get it the way.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Dang, if I wasn’t moving to Montana I would be all over this! Hope you guys have fun!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Because some of you guys let them get it the way.

Wade, it has NOTHING to with “letting them get in the way”.

In my case,it has to do with the fact “she loves the sport as much as I do” and she cant make the date given! She would love to go up to Rainy even if it is walleye fishing especially being in the same boat/house boat as James.

For “US” to go we would need to hire daycare and after school care! Now add time off from work (not every one has vacation time stored up)and you add another $750.00- $1,000.00 to the total.

I look forward to the post as always from this event

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I understand I chose the life I am living and short money at this time for a trip of a lifetime,but the only thing I would change about my life at this time is the fact I replied to James post!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

But let’s leave this post open for the lucky sob that gets to listen Wade and James go at it.

Someone needs to take a video camera to record those two clowns.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Quote:

I know it’s tough on you people Jeff, especially when those costs do add up fast.

Just remember though….You only get one life and you can’t take any money with you. In the end memories and experiences are all we have.

And well to do widows

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

No no no, I didn’t mean it like that Jeff. To many words in the wrong order. That “you” does belong in there. I wasn’t trying to single you out. I’m not going either……so it’s not like I’m rubbing that in.

You know me Jeff. You know I’m not like that.

MMM…boot leather tastes much better with Crow.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am guessing your not married or at least if you were, your divorced now…

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Oh, I get in trouble often with her to.

roscoe
    So St Paul

this would be a great trip, Alas,the only way i could go is if i quit my job….. the wife loves walleye, but she just wont let me do it, Have fun

blackbay

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I get in trouble often with her to.

Just wait until that baby comes. Things change. They change even more when the second comes.

You’re going where? With who?!!

I used to live a free and easy life and along came the kids.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Just wait until that baby comes. Things change. They change even more when the second comes.

You’re going where? With who?!!

I used to live a free and easy life and along came the kids.

2 kids???????????????? Oh no, at lease I say oh no. One is enough. Of course she thinks otherwise.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.