What is the best Shoe/Boot out there?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

So I need to buy new shoes! I have always bought Red Wings in the past but I am courious about what else is good out there? They have to be able to handle concrete floors all day with about 1-2 miles of walking! Just wondering what else is out there to look at?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

If Steel toes are not a must than I would say Columbia’s, last a long time compared to any other shoe I have worn.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wil and Wendy are one of IDO’s latest sponsors and it would be appreciated if you took a look at their line up.

I’m sure they’ll be on here to drop in their two cents.

Link to Wookboothaven’s IDO member 15% discount<<

Not only do they own the company, but they field test all their foot ware before it goes on line.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

“What is the best Shoe/Boot out there?”

What ever shoe/boot that fits your comfort and needs.

I too have always been a Red Wing fan but their prices are getting way outta hand for me to continue buying them

Soon I will be looking at other options also

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

“What is the best Shoe/Boot out there?”

What ever shoe/boot that fits your comfort and needs.

I too have always been a Red Wing fan but their prices are getting way outta hand for me to continue buying them

Soon I will be looking at other options also

You know, a while back I thought that Red Wings were too high priced also so I went looking elsewhere.
    First, I bought a pair of Rockies. They lasted 3 months. Then, I bought a pair of Georgia boots. The soles came loose in less than 6 months. Then, I bought a pair of Wolverines. They were very comfortable but started coming apart in a few months.
    I am now back to Red Wings. Bottom line, sometimes you do get what you pay for.

IMHO

coppertop
    Central MN

I’ve been thru about 15-16 pairs of steel toes from A-Z. I just gave my new Red Wing King Toes to the neighbor kid after 2 weeks and have finally found a boot for me. Dr. Martens Ind. workboots. I’m on my 3rd pair. Finally no knee pain. I did recommend these to a coworker but he didn’t seem as impressed. BTW- throw ANY workboot in the gabage after one year even if it “looks good!”

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

It totally depends on your feet. I had some redwings and couldn’t understand the reputation at all.

The lower priced danner work/hiking boots are nice imo. Not the hunting ones, not enough padding for concrete. Not the $250 ones, they weigh a ton.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

(Danner) all the way…. I have a pair of the “quarry’s”. Money well spent in my eyes.usually they’re special ordered through a catalog, but (Scheels) has them in stock in two colors. I’d go try a pair on!!
    Good Luck.

blufloyd

My feet don’t fit the curve of red wings. I been wearing Doc Martins but I see they are adding more curve to their shoes too. Glad I’ll be retired in May. I love Wolverines too.

Absolutely nothing worse than sore feet.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

being an Arborist and wearing hiking type boots for work, I can shred a pair of boots in a quick hurry. The 2 brands that have held up the best for me have been Vasque and to a slightly lesser degree, Merril. They’re not cheap, but I can get about a year out of them whereas I might only get a couple few months out of a lesser quality boot so I figure in the end it all evens out. Go with what fits the best and don’t skimp. You gotta take care of your feet!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Just so long as what you are buying is American made!!! That reminds me, I better check on mine!!!

Mark

Just checked, Rocky’s made in Ohio!!!

timmy

From what I have seen, I thought Rockys were imported. They might be packaged here, but I don’t think they are made here(unless they have a few models that are made in USA).

Personally, I’d never buy another pair of rocky boots after my experience with them.

T

fishhead
    Chaska

My first and favorite quality outdoor goretex boots were made by Vasque.
    The second pair were Merril.
    I’d still be wearing both pair had I not worn them to work. (I do drywall for a living and the dust ruins goretex in a hurry!!!)
    I later found out that Cabelas had the exact same boots and were made by Vasque for half the price!
    I’d look into store brands for quality and price.
    Check similar style brand name boots against the store brands.
    Sometimes they are the exact same boot (as in my case) and your just paying extra for a brand name.

I might check out “Workboothaven” for my next pair of boots to wear soley at work.

I have had more boots than Imelda Marcos had shoes!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

No such thing any-longer.. for comfort I’d say Danner but they are no longer water proof no matter what they tell you.

Edit: I’m talking Pronghorns here. I’ve heard some of the other Danner brands may hold up better.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Oops wrong thread!

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Hey Lennie.Very true. Some brands work well for folks, others do not. Example: in tennies Reeboks dont fit my feet well but Nikes do, same with workboots. There are those who like (and always will) certian brands. Thats cool . If they feel good thats the whole enchilada. Wil and Wendy

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Thanks BrianK. Lots of good talk out there. We are also looking for other brands to carry. LaCrosse and Danner are in same family, though Danners DO cost more. Wil

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.