Asian Carp at Fort Madison

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

My buddy B.C. is in Fort Madison practicing for Divisionals this week….while he was idling around he had this guy jump into his boat…..Not good….

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Not good at all!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hope he reported it to the DNR…and didn’t throw it back.

herb
    6ft under

Why bother reporting it? They’ve been there and on our pool which is one up for several years now.
    Nothing new.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Why? b/c the more it gets reported the more they realize it’s something that needs to be addressed…If they choose to do nothing about it then so be it….

riverdog

Nasty. It’ll ruin somebody’s day when one decides to jump ahead of a 70-mph bass boat.

desperado

See? Bottom dweller fishes are kinda like the hillbillies of the river. What makes ’em less photogenic ain’t so much the whiskers as the missing teeth.

herb
    6ft under

Don’t worry Slop, the DNR and everyone else living on or near the river down here has known this since they first showed up. Like I said, it’s nothing new here.
    In the beginning of this invasion the DNR actually thought it would be stopped at the Keokuk hydroelectric lock and dam because they wouldn’t be able to breach the spillway and there was too much fall at the rollers.
    Of course nobody give a thought of those fish locking through with the towboats. and other means of transport by way of water birds.
    Might take a few more years before you guys see them jumping up there, but it will happen. You already have the fish, just not a large population to be considered a problem yet.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I agree herb, nobodys seen them around here yet but it dosen’t mean thier not here yet, its only a matter of time.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I heard the Blue Cats made it all the way up to the ford dam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.