Screwed by Stratos… Again

• gordonk
    mpls

I’m on my second trailer and the second is as bad as the first. Only a few years old and the paint is peeling like a 50 year old barn and Statos says, too, bad, no warranty work thanks.

Now, I need a new spare tire after the old one fell off somewhere along the highway. The bolt holding it sheared off apparently. They sent the first rim and it’s the wrong one. So they send the second one, after the parts guy emails me the picture of the correct wheel.

Now I’ve got charged for both and they’ll credit me when the first one gets shipped back. Yesterday the new rim and tire arrive and it’s the wrong one again! I called the parts dept. and am told, “Ya, well, that’s a discontinued item.”

They want to send me the third unit and charge me for it and credit me when the other stuff is returned. I’ll be out $1000 and still not be sure I’m getting the correct rim.

I will never buy another Genmar product so long as I live, but since I’m stuck with this lemon, all I can do is warn others, I guess. Worst customer service ever. My speedometer, gas gauge, trim gauge, compartment lights don’t work and never have. The seats are shredding and the carpet stains easily. Ah, well. At least it floats.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

So what’s your dealer doing for you on this? Your dealer should be taking care of dealing with them. If I had any issues like that, I would have my dealer fight the battle for me. That’s just me though.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Totally agree that the dealer should talk with Stratos for you in regards to this mess.

This is when one finds out how well your dealers likes your business. They can make the difference many times.

If not, new dealer.

I had a few issues with my Merc outboard when it was new. The dealer was of almost no help so I called LUND. Things were all addressed very fast. Sometimes oone needs to make alot of noise and keep calling until you conect with one who can help you out. I usualy keep asking for a supervisor if I cannot get anywhere with the one I am talking too at the time.

I had an insurance claim a few weeks ago and the company’s adjuster was giving me a bit of a hard time.

I called my agent and 10 minutes later I recieved a call fom the company adjuster and now was all fine.

Thanks to my agent.

It’s usually all within the dealer or agents power to get these issues resolved.

Good luck and keep on them.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Make sure you document every phone call. Time date and who you talked to. I always make it a point to ask them there name. I seems to make a difference sometimes.
    The squecking wheel gets the grease!

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Bad day for Drago70 to post his Stratos for sale.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like a handle I ordered on-line for our shower/tub combo. The porcelein broke, so I ordered a new one from an on-line source… it is a MOEN faucet & I ordered the OEM part. Anyways after mailing me 3 broken/chipped porcelein ones now over the last month, I told them to forget it. Now would it make sense for me to write a post bashing MOEN ??? I think not…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Now would it make sense for me to write a post bashing MOEN ??? I think not…

Did you order it from Lowe’s? Cause if it was, bash away

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Their website pushes their “StratosFaction”… I would take a calm approach in requesting that you talk with a Operations Manager. Have everything documented, and calmly explain your frustration. In most cases, an Ops Manager’s bonus package is tied into customer sats(…which a survey is requested on every Stratos sale). He/she most likely has a financial incentive to make you happy…..

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

The good news is that at least they are answering the phones again. For a while after they went into Chapter 11 (?) I could not get thru. I had an 05 386 XF and was happy with it except that it was too damn big. I never had a problem with the trailer but I did not like the bunk system. I sold it this summer so I could down size and was pleasantly surprised at the strong demand and good resale value.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.