New PB Walleye

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

Took my son-in-law out this morning to Pool 4. We got a bit of a late start as my nephew got married last night and it ran a little late. We left Eau Claire around 7:00 and were on the water by 9:00. By 9:30 we had our one and only fish, a 28.25″ walleye on a slow death crawler. Wade B guided me to a personal best of 27.5 last weekend and this weekend we upped it a little. At .75″ per weekend, I only have to fish three more weekends to get that 30 incher.

The weather turned ugly real fast. I asked if he wanted to go and he said he would fish in the rain, but not if there was lightning. We saw a few lightning bursts and decided to head in. We took our time bringing in the lines hoping for one more bite. Bad idea. The rain started as we headed back to the landing and when we got there we were way back in the line to get to the ramp. I dropped him off and sat through the monsoon that ensued. Rain pounding down and waves crashing over all sides of the boat. Fortunately, everyone worked very efficiently through the ramp. Once I got on the trailer a wave came over the back of the boat and filled her right up.

A bit of a long shot here, but my son-in-law lost a pair of Oakley sunglasses at the landing in the wind and rain. If anyone finds a pair at the Hok-si-la ramp, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Very nice walleye and great picture

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Looks great. Congrats

big_g
    Isle, MN

What a beauty Hope he gets his Oakleys back… I love mine and hope I never lose them

drew-evans
    rochester MN

nice fish Dave!! sorry to here the rain chased you off!

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Thanks Brett.

I worked my way through college as a wedding photographer and the first rule was always fill the frame. Nobody wants to see a little white blob in the middle of the picture and be told that is the bride. I just have to convince my co-angular that it is okay to use the zoom and get right in there. My daughter now has a photography business so we are working on my son-in-law (her husband). Out of fairness, I did crop the photo a little before posting. He’s not quite there yet.

Dave

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Very nice Walleye,
    and
    good luck with the 30 incher…

Jack

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Congrats Dave. Nice looking fish.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s always a good reason to celebrate when you catch your PB! Congrats Dave!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.