Rainy Lake late fish reprot

• Indytransplant
    Pierre, S.D.

Sorry guys a little slow on the report but here goes. Arrived in Rainer on the 10th, hwy 71 would make a great
    ufo landing strip. Monday was a guided trip and we went 20 miles out to I believe the Gaylord point area. we caught several in the slot 18 to 20. Boated a few pike and some perch. After a great shore lunch we then went to Alder Creek and a few more pike and perch were caught, all this in 6-10 fow. Tuesday boated a 21 incher of a drop then went on to catch more eaters at Stop island. Wednesday we woke up to find our competion all over the dock and boat covers, a good emergence of Mayflies. We ended up in Jackfish Bay catching lots of eaters and a few good pike, one of which decided he was having none of that and just kept going till the line broke. Thursday and Friday with a SW wind did good on eaters and pike in Krause and Black Bays (friend parked his boat on a LARGE rock, funny, no damage just pride)
    Saturday was a tough bite for us as we had been doing well with bottom bouncrs and #0, #1 Indiana spinners. chartruce chrome and pink. located lots of fish in 28-34fow but couldn’t get them interested. Lots of bait fish over them, full I guess.
    We stayed at Woody’s Resort and was very pleased with the lodging and host&hostess. Had a great time and really didn’t want to leave

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve drove by Rainy Lake going to Eagle Lake, but I would agree at least not wanting to leave Rainy River / Lake of the Woods!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Sounds like a fun trip, hope you get back soon.

Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.