Some lawmakers already have declined their paychec

• kerk
    Maplewood, MN

St. Paul Pioneer Press Article July 13, 2011 Section B page 7. Gives a list of our state representatives and senators that either accepted or rejected their paycheck during the state shutdown. Both Nora Slawik, and Charles Wiger from the Maplewood district accepted their checks.

I will be sending them an email stating the intent to never vote for them again. I suggest that we use this forum to send our elected officials a heads up around the continued stubborn, bull headed, lack of concern for business, the environment, and the people of the State Of Minnesota.

You have a vote. Use it.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

St. Paul Pioneer Press Article July 13, 2011 Section B page 7. Gives a list of our state representatives and senators that either accepted or rejected their paycheck during the state shutdown. Both Nora Slawik, and Charles Wiger from the Maplewood district accepted their checks.

I will be sending them an email stating the intent to never vote for them again. I suggest that we use this forum to send our elected officials a heads up around the continued stubborn, bull headed, lack of concern for business, the environment, and the people of the State Of Minnesota.

You have a vote. Use it.

This is a tough one for me. If I treat a patient and that patient dies. I still bill them and expect to get paid for my time as I was doing my job regardless of the outcome.

So these guys may be entitled to that money even though they are doing a crappy job. They just need to be fired for the results.

big_g
    Isle, MN

But if you knew they needed surgery for 6 months… but didn’t do it until 5 1/2 months later, when it was too late….???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From my limited understanding all of these people are still working…just not on the budget.

The lawmakers can’t do anything without the Governor and he’s not talking to them.

Kinda like waiting for your boss to tell you your next job. I’m there but can’t do anything without him.

I dunno. Refusing a paycheck now, for publicity then taking it later doesn’t sit good with me either.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Lock ’em all in a room. Nobody gets to use the bathroom until they have a budget.

Rootski

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Whether or not they accept their checks seems like a bunch of political BS to me. That won’t sway my opinion of any of them.

kerk
    Maplewood, MN

The receiving of the paycheck is not thing that drove me to send this post out.

It is that fact that we are paying these folks for poor performance. If you or I worked in this manner and threaten to take our toys and go home, our management team we report to would hold the door open.

Whether they accepted a paycheck or not, the whole lot including the governor needs to be fired.

You will soon see the same situation at a federal level. so be prepared folks.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Turn off the air conditioners in all government buildings including the gov’s mansion. That should speed up the process as air conditioning is not essential…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dont pay them unless budget is balanced. I heard on the radio that’s how Florida law handles it. I like it.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Quote:

Dont pay them unless budget is balanced. I heard on the radio that’s how Florida law handles it. I like it.

+1

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

But if you knew they needed surgery for 6 months… but didn’t do it until 5 1/2 months later, when it was too late….???

x2. But i am from WI, so I don’t get a vote.

FDR

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

x2. But i am from WI, so I don’t get a vote.

FDR

Sure you can! I’ll vouch for you!

…can o worms open

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

…can o worms open

Red herring falls out.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

…not a strawman?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Fishing site.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ah

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.