Missouri River flooding

• herb
    6ft under

I guess the flood is over with, eh? Nothing in the papers or on the tv news about it for quite a while now.

CornHunka

Over?? I don’t think so. In fact, some of the places that are under water now along the Nebraska/Iowa border, will still be under for months.

herb
    6ft under

I know I know. Just kind of irks me we don’t see anything on how the people are doing and what is going to happen to them when the water goes down.
    But we all know about the travesty of an unpopular verdict down in Florida though. yeah

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Maybe if there was rioting, raping, and pillaging the Media would give it some coverage??? Or Jesse Jackson claiming lack of FEMA response was due to racial biggotry?

Wonder if the Feds will send millions to rebuild towns that are basically inhabited by farmers and blue collar midwesterners?

herb
    6ft under

There was a pretty good FEMA response here in SE Ia in ’08. Although there was a tremendous amount of confusion on FEMA’s part, or the lack of training for those working for FEMA.
    One big difference is the amount of time for warnings for the Missouri River flood. I hope most all the flood victims had a chance to beat the 30 day deadline to get the flood insurance.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

herb:

I love the name change!!!

Mark

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I hear ya Herb, seems like just the popular “chic” topics are covered and the news thats important is out the window most the time. They had a nuclear plant close to going under in Omaha a few weeks back and you don’t hear a single thing about that eigther, sounds like thier priorities are mixed up, or is that they can pull in more listeners reporting the “chic” news.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

There was a pretty good FEMA response here in SE Ia in ’08. Although there was a tremendous amount of confusion on FEMA’s part, or the lack of training for those working for FEMA.
    One big difference is the amount of time for warnings for the Missouri River flood. I hope most all the flood victims had a chance to beat the 30 day deadline to get the flood insurance.

not much luck cause once a flood is “in progress” good luck getting anything paid, even after the 30 day period.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.