Fishing license during shutdown

• fishin
    Blaine, MN

Howdy. With the government shutdown continuing, is there any way for an out of state person to purchase a license? I am doubtful but if anybody knows how it can be done, please let me know. My brother in law is coming from Michigan for a week and may not be able to fish with me…very frustrating.

Thanks.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

When did you find out he was coming.

On a different note, not really bashing you, but I saw resort owners on the news complaining about cancellations because of the shut down. I don’t really feel sorry for them because they knew it was coming and I believe they could have contacted the people coming and told them to pre purchase online before coming.

I do feel bad for the out of staters who were not warned and probably had no idea.

thegun
    mn

I say GO FISHING!

What is the rest of the world supposed to stop functioning because of this crap!

Follow basic ethics and just fish! If you were to get a ticket for no license then I say the ^%#$^% with the DNR!

Good luck!

fishin
    Blaine, MN

Thanks for the information, fellas. The trip was finalized a few days before the shutdown and did not think of the license issue. I actually figured that the shutdown would end in a day or two and not last this long.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Thanks for the information, fellas. The trip was finalized a few days before the shutdown and did not think of the license issue. I actually figured that the shutdown would end in a day or two and not last this long.

Yeah, that sucks. Sorry about pulling the other BS into the thread, it was just on my mind this morning.

It would be interesting to see what would happen fighting a ticket if they indeed cite someone.

mud

Going to be REAL Pi$$ed off if the governor keeps this political garbage up. I am so fricken tired of politicians ( on both sides) and the gd games they play. Get down to the business of serving Minnesotans, and not yourselves!!!

Same here, I have relatives coming from out of state to fish. How about lisences being a critical part of our govt. as it keeps MANY in business and revenue coming in. Who voted for this turd anyway? Sorry for the rant, but I am sure you can understand.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

the wardens should be able to issue a temp license with x amount of time to pay after the bs is over, but they will never do it

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

When did you find out he was coming.

On a different note, not really bashing you, but I saw resort owners on the news complaining about cancellations because of the shut down. I don’t really feel sorry for them because they knew it was coming and I believe they could have contacted the people coming and told them to pre purchase online before coming.

I do feel bad for the out of staters who were not warned and probably had no idea.

That would have been nice of them! I didnt know about it until it was posted here that someone was scrambling to purchase a license (the night before). I got mine with a couple hours to spare.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.