New Ford F150 and Irritated!

• orangewhip3x
    Blaine

So I love my new 2011 F150 5.0L truck. I’ve got a problem thought. Everytime the airconditioner cycles on and off I get a strong hissing noise similar to that of a power steering pump when it is low on fluid. Sometimes it is more pronounced than others. Is anyone else having this problem? The dealer acknoledged that they can hear it but they said that it isn’t “that” abnormal. They’ll fix it but they left me with a luke warm feeling because they came across like they were doing me a favor. Am I wrong to think that one shouldn’t be able to hear the condensor pump cycling?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would guess that is the H-Valve hissing… pretty simple fix, if that is what it is.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Is that on the Ecoboost truck?

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

what are you talking about? I never heard a single sound the other day. I think you are going crazy or hearing things. . yeah. i will back him was a real weird sound. I am surprised you took it that good if they indeed made you feel like it was a favor. hopefully it is something they can fix and make it go away.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

What did they say they were going to do to fix it?

I’m guessing it’s pretty normal and due to the crappy compressor’s Ford use’s now a days.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

You pay for that warranty in the price of that truck, I would not feel guilty about asking them to fix it.
    I would insist on it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My 2010 does it too. It lasts for about 1-2 seconds correct?

These new trucks are so quiet I find myself hearing lots of things that end up bein quiet little rattles that are because of loose cargo inside.

kylem86

Just turn the radio up!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Just turn the radio up!

or if it is so unbearable.. don’t turn on the AC…

Just kidding.. I am a service mgr, so if I can get a free shot in….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.