MN Wild ?

• mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Is there a rule that says the Wild aren’t allowed to partake in free agency in the summer time
    They have $12+ million to spend toward the cap and they just sit on their hands every year. WTH
    Sorry for the neg. post but its just so frustrating to watch this at times Unless they pull off a couple major transactions here they wont stand a chance at the playoffs AGAIN-
    Come on Wild! Get in the game!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fletch said don’t expect any big moves in FA. I don’t think it makes sense to spend a lot of money on a gut going into next year. They aren’t going anywhere next year. It will be a year of playing and assessing young talent. Then next year they can go after FAs and Granlund will be coming over.

Next year will be tough, but necessary. The FA pool this year isn’t that great anyway.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

hey Pug, I agree that its not a year to make a big play-off run but they need to atleast be competitive and to surround the young guys with SOME talent or they will not improve…then we end up in the same position at this time next year and the few good players that we have are one year closer to retiring(or looking elsewhere)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

But I think CF does not want to get into bidding wars with this ridiculous contracts being handed out too. Once things calm down he can acquire a player who price isn’t crazy.

I think the only thing we will see via FA is another defenseman in the $2-3M range.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’d love for them to finish dead last this year. Not because I don’t like them, but because we could use even more young talent.

Not sure how much is left to Backstrom’s contract, but he might be worth alot in a deadline trade.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.