Cars II Movie Review

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

My kid is a HUGE fan of the Cars movie, so my wife took both my kids to see it today. He was wearing his Cars shirt, shoes and all the rest of the junk they sell you.

Well with about 20 minutes left in the movie, both kids were asking to go home. HORRIBLE. My wife could not believe it was a kids movie with all the mean characters, bad story line, and she had a hard time following the story it was so poorly written.

If anyone else has a kid who loves the Cars movie, do yourself a favor and skip this one

What a Crapfest

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

That’s terrible to hear.
    It has been planned for a long time to take my son tomorrow. He, like yours, is a major fan and has been itching to see this.
    Wish this was a positive review….even so, I am not going to be able to cancel on him. He would be even more devastated.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

That’s terrible to hear.

x2

I love those types of movies and my daughter was planning on taking me. The trailers looked good.

Thanks for the heads up FB1

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

My son is going to be bummed out!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

My kid was devastated. The only thing he would tell me is that the characters were very mean. I never in my life thought this would be a snoozer.

My wife thought it was a set up to sell merchandise with a ton of new characters and it was a bunch of the mini movies stuck together.

I was really looking forward to it. The first one was great, just not the 2,000 X we have watched it with the kids.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the heads up. The wife and I liked the first one and she was wanting to see the sequel. You saved us some ching.

I feel sorry for the parents with kids that either go and are unhappy or, the ones that have heard the movie sucks and now have to explain to there little ones it is not worth seeing

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

there is a review of it today in the paper and totally agrees with you. pretty poor and sad and lots of bathroom jokes or somehing like that. my kid is gettin takent to it by A+ (the summer school he goes too) guess that is money I get to save.

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

That’s too bad. My grandson is gonna be mad. Until just recently, when you ask him where he lives, it was “Radiator Springs MN”. Priceless

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Thanks for the heads up, me too was planning on taking my Grandson tomorrow. Gotta talk to my daughter, Vinnie will be bummed as like the rest of you he has CARS bed sheets, blankee, many sizes of the various cars charaters.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Great…I have tickets for 3 hours and 5 minutes from now.

I thought the trailer looked horrible. Things flying around, spaceage stuff. But then I thought there’s no way this is what the movie would be like, no way they can botch this one right!!?? dang..

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Is your wife from WI Farmboy??

Maybe that explains why it was hard to follow..?? Maybe it’s really not a bad movie..

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Is your wife from WI Farmboy??

Maybe that explains why it was hard to follow..?? Maybe it’s really not a bad movie..

You are really setting me up on this one…She is an Iowan girl

finman

You are really setting me up on this one…She is an Iowan girl

I’ll take the high road on this one and not poke fun, I’m in the same boat. My wife wouldn’t understand it either- she’s from Minnesota!!!!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

horrible horrible horrible. I would seriously think twice about it. My 5 year old sat there with his mouth open the whole time. Entertained? Probly. But I could tell he was wondering what was happening and why everyone was shooting at each other. If you take your kids you may want to talk to them about the gun shots and barrels pointing at their face, etc. Before going in. Now i get to have the gun talk with my boys in the morning.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I have been seeing the trailers and i kept thinking to myself that it didn’t look right. I can’t believe Pixar would put out a POS.

dd

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Guess im the odd man out,as i liked it(as did my kids)even saw it id 3d.Took my kids tho they are older.as my 8 yr old said after watching it.racing and spies,how cool it is alot different than the original,and they do have some shoot outs,but like on the A-team days,only hit tires most the time

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I did end up seeing it too. Kids don’t care what reviews say. I thought it was alright. No where as good as the first, but alright.

dd

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Yeah, I still took the boy yesterday to see this. After these reviews I was really worried, but we both had a good time. I didn’t think it was bad at all.
    Kid was entertained, so was I.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

We do the Netfliz thing so even if it’s bad we’re not out much, considering the variable reviews, I’ll add it to my list and see what happens.

I have a SIL who didn’t like Aliens because it wasn’t realistic…reviews can be funny sometimes…:)

Al

the_j-man
    St. Paul, MN

It is definitely not as warm and cuddly as the first Cars, but my 6 year old son, his grandma, his mother and myself all enjoyed it. It was entertaining. Think of James Bond meets Mater.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.