I am looking for a consistant partner..

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well I am going to ask..: I am looking for a consistant fishing partner.. a guy , even a young, high school/ college guy, or an old guy like me, to fish with on a consistant basis..

I have had three fishing partners in my life.. My high school partner.. where we didn’t know anything, and beat the water into a froth.. and learned one lake.. and just rented boats.. He went to drugs.. and I didn’t.. He took a different path..

my second partner.. was excellent.. we fished and drank and chased girls.. and we fished hard.. and learned a bunch.. and that was great for years … and then I went to college and what really broke us up.. Became a Born Again Christian..

my last and life long partner.. was a guy that I met at Bible study.. a true genius in ever sense of the word. extremely intelligent.. and even after he moved to Alabama we were partners.. until his heart attack and stroke.. 30 years of partners..

I just need a guy that wants to learn, wants to find his own fish.. and wants to fish consistantly..

right now , my church doesn’t have anyone like that..

and I don’t care if I am second fiddle in the boat.. I have no ego. .or little ego.. I am a team player.. in fact at my age , maybe I am more suited to be the guy in the back of the boat..

I just am asking for a guy, hopefully a good guy from this forum to come forth.. and to give me a chance. I know that over a period of time.. I can help you.

I used to be fairly good. I can give good, intelligent conversation.. and I avoid the touchy issues.. like politics ..

inquire here.. thanks for listening.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Never accept the back of the boat!!!!

Hope you find someone soon, you are looking for a rare bird, but this is the place to look!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

Quote:

Hope you find someone soon, you are looking for a rare bird, but this is the place to look!

yeah ,but at 54 , the back of the boat allows me to to HAWG HUNT on occation..

an old Lake Onalaska sage was a back of the boat guy for years.. but when he dug out that number 18 Rapala.. he wasn’t fishing for keeper fish.. he was looking to make the day with a 4 or better fish..

and again.. I don’t have an ego or an agenda.. I am just trying to learn every thing I can possibly learn about river bass fishing.. and then some..

and I am constantly looking for that next hot spot that no one has found. .

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

If you agree to drink heavily and chase skirts, I’m game! Otherwise, is it really worth it?

huskerdu

Quote:

I do my best fishing from the back of the boat!

sandmannd

Where are you located? I’m in St. Paul and fish mainly the Croix and Mississippi. I head to Mille Lacs a few times a year. Always have room for more in the boat and I’m always willing to learn new areas. Let me know.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

So what are you saying Doc? I like it when you drive my boat and I also like it when you drive your boat. It’s more fishing time for me AND Iget to learn a few new tricks at the same time

I’ll take the back of the boat any time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.