marinco trolling motor plug

• joemama
    North St Paul

i currently running 24 volt minnekota riptides..bow and transum mounts and have used marinco plugs and receptacles..issues are that i have spentwell over $150.00 buying replacement plugs.. i have swithed out receptacles and have re-wired 2x..are these just poor quality or do i have another issue ??

john23
    St. Paul, MN

What kind of problems are you having with them? I had one melt once due to a loose connection, but other than that I can’t see many possibilities for failure.

joemama
    North St Paul

they work fine until i use the trolling motor for more than a few hours.they heat up and blow out..i’ve checked the wiring 3x everything is wired right according to the charts..i’ve replaced the receptacles ect..i’m considering switching to another plug system

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve burned them out, too! They’re junk, IMHO. I’ve got the Ranger-style plug in my boat now and it’s bulky, but has been a great plug

joemama
    North St Paul

i’m ready to change out the system where did you get the plugs and receptalces ?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I soldered all the connections and that seemed to help quite a bit with the heat issue. I also put the jumper between the batteries instead of jumping the wires at the plug. I’ve only had the one problem (24v maxxum).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.