The IDO Facebook site..

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

to whom it may concern.. Some one should try to upgrade the IDO Facebook site from the standard group, to the NEW GROUP status.. because if it gets archived, it will , for all intents, go away.. everyone would have to rejoin..

just some food for thought, and trying to help promote THIS SITE..

nick
    Lakeville, MN

What’s facebook?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That place where people have 2000 superficial friends and it makes them feel popular like in high school.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

That place where people have 2000 superficial friends and it makes them feel popular like in high school.

Or maybe its for people that have family all over the world and we can keep in touch and share photos and stuff.Just because it is not in your little world (ash hole) its not a bad thing.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Who needs friends like that ?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Sorry Stu, didn’t know you were so worldly influenced. I had no idea I was going to wreck your life by saying what I did. And please don’t call me names on the internet. That is so cowardly…

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Actually FB would be a good option for the site. I have a 3G phone and the internet isnt very good. I can hardly access IDO with it, but FB works just fine.

PS I dont have nearly 2000 friends

PPS Settle down guys

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Facebook like IDO in just another source for networking. 99% of my friends on FB are other fisherman from around the country. You don’t have to know someone personally to learn from them.
    And from some of the treads here the way some of you guys go back and forth with each other is more like High School then High School was. Sometimes it’s just better to keep you thoughts to yourselves. Just my two cents.
    Have a great night all.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

It does bring up a good point, I’m probably too big of an to have any friends on there anyways.

I find it funny that even as decent with a computer as think I am, and the amount of time I spend online, I know virtually nothing about facebook, and would still only consider it for deals and coupons.

No current plans to join, probably be forced to once the kids are old enough to join in their own.

Brian Lyons

Quote:

Or maybe its for people that have family all over the world and we can keep in touch and share photos and stuff.Just because it is not in your little world (ash hole) its not a bad thing.

Thats it Stuart, Youv’e been warned! Now it’s off to the harmony hut with you

you R R king

P.S.

Stuart, any time you want to get together to call people names in person, the nothing left to lose crowd has your back.

B,L,S,R&D

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey B!

Tell Steve to sign up to FB. Dang he’s a hard guy to get a hold of!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Face Book….isn’t that the books were you stare at the picture with your eyes crossed to see something in 3D

And careful how close you get to Stuart’s back….ever see him pose with a catfish

john_steinhauer
    p4

I like my face book helps me stay in touch with my family and friends from all over!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

And careful how close you get to Stuart’s back….ever see him pose with a catfish

Wish I would have said that.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

Wish I would have said that.

Both of you better watch my front too or I’ll grab you by the ears and give you a good skulling.
    Targa,Its ok if you think I’m a coward.Thats why I use my real name and home town here so I can hide from the narrow minded bullies that pick on me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Stuart, don’t be coming across like a tough guy. All of us that know you know you’re just a big teddy bear. Well, that’s what Bret tells me anyway.

I have rela-tics in CO/NV/CA/WY that I seldom talked with. With FB I see what’s going in their life.

My one niece just started in a police academy. She posted a video of herself getting tased. Totally awesome! I would post it here, but he language (after she could talk again) isn’t family friendly.
    I hooked up with many high school friends that I hadn’t seen for years. I don’t have to talk with them if I don’t want to, but still see what they look like today and what they’re up to.

I’ve learned a lot about fishing in Europe. Not that I’m going but it’s interesting.

FaceBook has it’s place. How many friends do I have on FB? I don’t know. It’s not important to me…and I don’t look. Just like the number of posts here. I stopped looking because it scares me!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Stuart is a big teddy bear…or was it the cookie monster

I have went to sign up on FB more than once and always get to the last click and just can’t get myself to do it. Every now and then I get e-mail invites from people to join face book but I just can’t pull the trigger.
    One of my concerns is once/if I ever join, some people are going to want to add or be added to my friends list. I’m sure there are some I really wouldn’t care to add to my friends list but don’t want to urine them off once they realize it.

E-mail and the cell phone have worked just fine for staying in touch with the family so far for us.

But for those that enjoy it…….go nuts!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s a modern inconvenience.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

It’s a modern inconvenience.

Or a convenience.Depends on how you look at it.I have been able to stay in touch with my family that are in the milatary and my great nieces that like to play games and share photos with me.

I just have trouble with folks that knock stuff because they don’t like it.

Trumar…. FYI your ole lady has an account.

BrianK..You of all people know how easy it is to be a tuff guy on the internet.Look how many butts you’ve kicked (off)with a key stroke.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

So I should stop poking fun at walleyes?

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

No,not at all.Just stop poking fun at the people that catch them.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

We should start an IDO Tweeting system

BK could tweet when he is impaling a Bullie

Bret could tweet when he fires up his auger

MplsPug could tweet which animals he is saving today

MRS BK could tweet about digging up the ruhbarb

Souds like fun

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I like FB to keep up with BK and Kooty and see if my wife can spend more time in her FB farm than she can in our garden!! Kind of gets me when the daughter and wife spend more time on FB than with me.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

We should start an IDO Tweeting system

Oh come on now.Thats just plain silly.What the heck would anyone want to tweet for,sounds like a big waste of time to me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Stuart, are you making that sugar frosted cereal again at work?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I like FB to keep up with BK and Kooty and see if my wife can spend more time in her FB farm than she can in our garden!! Kind of gets me when the daughter and wife spend more time on FB than with me.

I hear you man. The amount of times Michelle spends farming, looking for hidden items…

She actually had the nerve to say “I” spend to much time playing on my phone.

Quote:

MplsPug could tweet which animals he is saving today

? Is this really all I am to you guys.

How many stories have I had about saving an animal? You know I am the self proclaimed IDO Nature Boy.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

You can’t forget the poking feature, I mean who on here can say they have poked BK today?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Quote:

And include Bass also

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

And include Bass also

Nutz.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m coming to get ya Stu . Watch your back…

I am apologizing right here and right now for my comment. I should of kept my big mouth shut.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.