New Toy

• nextbite
    Newton, IA

Well I was using a 2006 Tracker super guide V14 with a 25hp mercury the last few years and I am glad to say that I just upgraded. The 14 footer did its job but it had one issue. It would not ever plane out so it made going across large lakes take forever. I got stuck on the other side on Spirit Lake in northern Iowa in the middle of thunderstorms 2 years in a row. It fought the waves alright but I noticed how everyone scattered like mice leaving only me on the water to fend for myself. NOT ANYMORE…..
    I just purchased a 2011 Tracker Targa V18 DC with a 115hp four stroke and I cant wait to pick it up tomorrow from bass pro shops here in Altoona. I will post some pics as soon as I get it.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Sounds like a very nice boat.

have fun.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Congrats, hope you enjoy the new ride

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

congrats

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Congrates, and remember that’s alot more machine than your used to

shaley
    Milford IA

Congrats on the new boat but be warned if it’s a welded hull it may crack on you. We run a 2005 Targa and it’s in the shop with several cracks and the hull split bow to stern… Always fished on the IGL’s.

nextbite
    Newton, IA

Photos posted. I went out for a few hours on saturday but cant open it up yet. I have 10 hours of break in time first. I trolled for a few hours till storms came in. I caught a 18″ white bass on a flicker shad and my friend Brandon caught a crappie and a smaller whit bass on a red eye shad. Good first day and already put fish in the boat. It ran very smooth on Lake Red Rock Reservior.The waves were hardly noticed and crossing wakes it barely moved as well. I am very pleased. The hull has a lifetime warranty on all welds, 5 years on motor. The guy at bass pro was pretty cool. He was like if something ever happens as long as I amstraight with him telling the truth let him create the lie to get it fixed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.