Scam???

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I got this email last night about the boat I am trying to see. All the junk that goes with it leads me to think scam, but I always thought paypal had safeties built in for the buyer and seller.

Quote:

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy it now for my organization and i am not in town at the moment as i am a marine engineer manager and due to the nature of my work, It hard to make a phone calls and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my dad so i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on paypal because i don’t have access to my bank account online as i don’t have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments asap for it and please if you don’t have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it after i have made the payments…

Thanks

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Sounds like a scam to me also.

BUT, i’d get a phone and talk to them. You’ll know immediately then…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Smells fishy to me…

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Yep scam. Interesting how he is buying the boat for his organization and as a surprise to his father.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I got the same one…4 times now with a couple slight twists!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Thanks Guys

I thought the same thing, but I want to sell the boat and was maybe too hopeful. It is sad to say you have to watch out for clowns like this

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can make it so you guys don’t receive anymore emails like this. In order to block them I will need your PayPal user name and password. PM me though, because you don’t want people scraping this sight and getting your private information.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I got a very simelar message on my boat, mo, trailer, couple months ago on Craigs list. Guy wasn’t concerned about the motor age, condition or any of the concerns a buyer should have. Fact is I got two similer e mails, DELETE.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

I can make it so you guys don’t receive anymore emails like this. In order to block them I will need your PayPal user name and password. PM me though, because you don’t want people scraping this sight and getting your private information.

PM sent! Thanks Pug!

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

haha, pug’s a scammer

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

the broken English is the dead giveaway to me. I just listed a 3 wheeler on CL and had 5 scammers send the same thing in one day. I email back to them and let them know I forwarded their info to my local and state law enforcement officials

lhprop1
    Eagan

Cash on the spot only, man. That’s the only way to do these transactions.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.