A MN angler is making a stand for all of us…

• dentedboatguy

$100 from Wisconsin and good luck Mr Fellegy.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

I spoke with Mr. Fellegy a fews years age at the Red Door about this. He was very informative. I will be mailing our donation . I believe this is going to be a long drawn out process that is going to take some rallying support to let the state and tribes know that Steve is not in this alone. We fishermen as a group can make a difference. Support this cause with your voice and dollar.

gspeicher
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Just put my check in the mail to Steve–glad to help this worthwhile cause and hope fellow anglers do the same! A “little bit” from all of us can make a difference for Steve. Spike

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

This evening my fishing club held our monthly meeting and I told them about Steve and his case.
    I also just now sent to every Minnesota Valley In-Fisherman Club member this IDO link so they can see the support and how important this issue really is, and for them to have the address and paypal links to be able to make a donation.
    James said he was in for a $100, and so am I, donation already sent.

Common everyone, Truly as a group, we can help Steve make a difference, for ALL of our benefits, and mostly for the Walleyes benefit.
    Jack Naylor

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

Quote:

Win, lose or draw, Steve Fellegy is taking a stand on Indian netting. And he needs help. No one man can carry this alone.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/1008842/fpart/1/the-casstoday-that-begins-the-end

Every spring anglers from all over the midwest spend 6 weeks in the Mille Lacs forums talking about how much they despise the netting. Yet now, when someone is taking a stand and is on the way to his day in court, very few of those vocal anglers have offered any assistance. What gives? There’s no magic wand that will wave to reverse this type of discrimination. It takes people willing to make it happen through their voices, energy and financial support.

Get involved or forever hold your peace.

This needed to be bumped to the top.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t complain about the netting up there much. It’s the old outta sight outta mind thing.

I can’t really take $100. out of the FW’s allowance for this…but I can contribute $20.

I mean really, I already buy the regular fishing license when I seldom keep fish and when I do it’s seldom if ever 1/2 a limit. I bought a walleye stamp this year and they steal my bullheads. I think we have enough walleyes in the state.

But this isn’t really about walleyes. It’s about equal rights to sportsmen and women in America. It’s one of those causes that compels me to cover all the legal costs myself. Which is another reason I’ll never be a wealthy person.

I wish you well Mr. Fellegy!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Don’t feel bad about a $20 donation. Cripes if every member sent $20 just think of the help IDO could provide!

No matter the amount……….everything will help the cause and every dollar is needed.

Keep the donations coming guys….lets make a difference!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So what is he going to do with any extra cash if he has some left over? Donate to the MN catfish studies?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

All funds not used for legal defense will be donated to Teen Challenge and Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

Red Door 1

Quote:

So what is he going to do with any extra cash if he has some left over? Donate to the MN catfish studies?

Per the terms of the Irrevocable Trust, any left over funds go to Minnesota Teen Challenge and Big Brothers and Sisters. We asked for and received via mail, a hard copy of the Trust.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Extra ??? How much did you send ???

Seriously …

Red Door 1

Quote:

Steve posted this on another site a few day ago. Doesn’t look like there is any extra money potential.

Here is what he said:”Of course, without knowing hard $$ numbers of the cost we will accrue in the end, my guess. very rough guess…..is that we are less than a quarter of the way we will need to be. I get updates from the Trustees every other day or so. Just general info/totals.

It’s a good start, no doubt. The donation amount per individual that we have received is right where we hoped it would be. The amount of donors is about 1/10th of what we projected….based on the talk before we ventured into this.

Thanks to everyone who has helped! We truly need ALL of you though. Not 1 in 10. At $20-$40 ( or more) per donor from ALL the people against this mess, the job will get done–no doubt.”

He also said the same day on the same site in answer to a question about funding:”Thanks to everyone who has offered help. We are a very long ways from getting the job done based on total $$ received to this point.

Please understand–this is for YOU, not me. You are paying to protect YOU and YOUR natural resources and rights to them. Invest in YOURSELF! I can only carry the ball so far for you, unless YOU clear the way with real $$. In fact, I have more $$ in this myself so far, than ALL of the donations together to date. And ALL of that/my $$ is on YOUR behalf. It is YOUR turn to help……..

From all of the internet sites that this CASSToday effort has been broadcast and discussed on, now for over 3 weeks, my latest update from CASSToday managers/trustees, is that 71 people, total, have donated real $$. That’s a very poor percentage of the anglers/citizens that say on all the sites, they want the netting and rights issues to go away. Talk of “checks in the mail” have yet to materialize in most cases.

Again–THANK YOU to all of you that have helped. Simply, WE need the rest of you asap. YOU all are the “we”.

It is “shame on all of YOU” if this effort falls apart. Not me!”

So his postings are about 5 days old and the numbers could have changed but that is the latest report from Steve.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sorry, my post was tongue-in-cheek and didn’t require all this attention, although in the end, it is nice to know I guess.

fireline
    Rochester

I just send mine in through paypal .

Red Door 1

bump

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Well, in nutshell, even though the dust has yet to settle, the “trial” went as expected. I was found guilty and ordered to pay the fine. Our counsel was satisfied on how the hearing went and what came out on the record ( and what didin’t) and is confident as we enter the appeals process/time frame. Our goals have been met to this point and will continue to be pursued at the next level.

What’s next? Appeal will be filed asap. Next event will be in St.Paul per the appeals court process.

“We got’em!” was our counsels words…….

So—now we start over in a sense. That means we just invested all of our funding and need to cover the next process level of legal costs.

WE need EVERYONE against the tribal netting to invest at least $20 per person, in themselves, asap. Legal counsel works on a “retainer”–upfront. We now need to retain that counsel for the next step……please!

We will get the job done. But only with everyone’s $$ help. The rest I will hande!………but not the money aspect. If I could, I would.

http://www.casstoday.com/

steve-fellegy

We need the 5000 people that voted for Linda Eno in last year’s Governors race to step up with that $20 bill.

We need fishing clubs, as a group or individual members, to step up with real $$.

We need Lake Mille Lacs resorters to step up. 10 of the bigger operations on the lake should surely put $500 each into this effort –on THEIR behalf. (Red Door has already) Understandably, the smaller operations should give less. And it all is done privately via the Trust/CASSTODAY system. So resorts worried about the public knowing they supported this effort is a lame excuse for not helping with real $$.

WE can get this job done TOGETHER! I will run the ball…..no problem. I will take the hits and the sleepless nights….no problem. The only thing you all have to do is invest a $20 bill or more.

So—I can’t say THANK YOU enough to all who have helped and supported our efforts to this point. And will say THANK YOU in advance to everyone who continues to help and even more so to those who now come onboard with “new” $$.

The door is now open! Now is the time to pay the price of admission.

“we got’em”

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Congrats on the case today!
    Step by step you will get through this.
    What is the dollar amount the lawyers are telling you to get this to the Supreme court or as far as they need to take it?

5,000 x $20 = $100,000 is that going to get the job done or is it just the tip of the iceberg?

I have no problem banging the drum helping raise funds but would like to know what the estimated cost will be. I know a figure has been mentioned I just haven’t heard it.

steve-fellegy

Quote:

Congrats on the case today!
    Step by step you will get through this.
    What is the dollar amount the lawyers are telling you to get this to the Supreme court or as far as they need to take it?

5,000 x $20 = $100,000 is that going to get the job done or is it just the tip of the iceberg?

I have no problem banging the drum helping raise funds but would like to know what the estimated cost will be. I know a figure has been mentioned I just haven’t heard it.

Each step on ladder (level of court) is about 7K to 10K to this point. We now need to start working on the 3rd step. We fronted the $$ for the first round. The fund-raising has got us in the door on the next step. Now we have to position ourselves(months in advance) for the next move after this one.

Feel free to call me for more clarification.

THANK YOU for the help Brian and to everyone!! Together–we can do this. No doubt. In one way, I feel bad that I have to beg here. But then again…the harsh reality is I am only so big. My only foe that I can not handle in this is the funding.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We fisherman have been begging for years to have a solution to the unfair treatment for some and our resources, now that you have stepped up, we need to I bang the drum everywhere I can and another $25 is on the way for the next step For what it’s worth, this will affect much more than fishing/netting rights, Hunting, trapping and many wrongs should be righted.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

So many always say they hate the netting. NOW is thier chance to help see possible the end to this to our resourse.

C,mon folks, let’s all donate and make a differnce to help with the fight.

steve-fellegy

First, let me say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who, in the past few months, have sent $$ support to the C.A.S.S.T. effort. Surely, without a doubt, I could never pursue this venture without that support.

It’s now time to step up and add to that $$ support. We will need to be positioned to take this to whatever level the process allows and forces us, in order to meet our goals. Your $$ will do just that.

Please go here, http://www.casstoday.com/ , and use PayPal or the mailing address to help.

THANK YOU!! Your support will be represented with honor and relentless effort!!

A $20 bill ( or larger if you can) from everyone will go a long ways!

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

2nd installment just sent today,Keep up the fight steve.

Red Door 1

TTT

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m in for a little, it’s not much, I hope it helps.

Red Door 1

Trying to keep this in the forefront.

Red Door 1

A reminder for all.

Red Door 1

To the front page.

steve-fellegy

We are assuming it won’t be long before the State Court of Appeals takes on our case.

We truly need to start funding that effort again. Please help….$20 or more will go along ways from ALL Lake Mille Lacs anglers/locals and citizens who are for equal rights in general.

THANKS!!

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

Donation just sent. I appreciate the lengths you are going to for all of us!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.