Tough going…?

• Anonymous

Fished Pleasant, Pearl and Clearwater the last week with one 12 inch eye to show for it. That one came out of Pleasant lake. Its slooooww for whatever reason, or maybe its just me. Anybody having any luck in stearns county area?

RedEye
    Rice, MN

was out friday up on Smith Lake by Osakis- the crappies are biting. they moved in around 6 pm and were suspended about 10-15 ft off the bottom. have to pick through them to get some “keepers”, but the vexilar was solid red so it provided for some fun.

Anonymous

Back on them Crappies again.. last couple of days.

Be it a small window of time, I have been getting a few at sundown. About 20 minutes prior and for about 1 hr after. Its unreal how consistant those fish are, you can almost set your watch by them. Pulled up 14 last night, not real big in size, kept the 4 biggest for a couple hardy crappie sandwichs. I want to get out this weekend before sun up and see what happens. This is on Grand Lake outside of Rockville.

RedEye
    Rice, MN

Hey Dman- have you heard anything coming out of Rice Lake lately? I knew the crappies were biting there back in January the couple of times I was out there. Also “heard” there was a bite on Browns, but you know how that goes.

Anonymous

Heard about Rice also back In January on the crappies, my brother fished them a couple nights and did real well with nice size. nothing since then, he ran off on a hiatus to Mexico for a vaca and have not heard from him since. I also heard about Browns bite being good. I grew up on Browns and fished it for 20 years but not at all in the last 5. I did talk to a friend who still lives their at gander the other night and he said its going good on the crappies in the 35 ft hole towards the south end of the lake. He also said he pulled up some nice eyes the last couple weeks. I never did well with eyes on that lake, usually head to Koronis or Millacs for that. I may get to Browns this weekend, its in the plan anyway for now.

Anonymous

Hey Dman,

Talked to my dad this morning, said its time to get his house off Browns. He said in the big wind tuesday night it blew over. Really bummed. He said the crappies have been slow, but the ones he got were nice.

Anonymous

Hook, do you know where he had the house? was it out in the hole in front of Molitors?

G and I may head out Saturday night or maybe Sunday morning to Browns if I can sway him, he had great fishing on Rice a few weeks back so he may want to go their instead. I want to try Browns once this winter yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.