Any ice fishing information??

• Anonymous

Since I haven’t posted in a while (I apologize for that), I was wondering how ice fishing has been for the central minnesota area?

For the Annandale area, we are looking at 7 to 10 inches of ice and reports are good for panfish on clearwater, pleasant, ramsey and granite lakes. The crappies are suspending during the day over deep water and moving shallow at low-light periods. The sunfish are in the weeds and scattered. You need to punch a few holes to find them and remember to move if you’re not getting a bite. (Mentioning that you need to move if your not catching fish seems to be a mute point these days, but I still see fishermen staying put too long!!)

Also, if you have current information on ice fishing in your area, please share them. We can all benefit from it.

Good Luck!

JonN

Anonymous

Jon, a little bird told me that crappies where being hammered on Browns, have you heard anything on that? I have not drilled a hole yet and dont expect to anytime soon, but if it means stinking up the pan for some crappies i will have to make the time.

Anonymous

Dman,

I’ve heard nothing on Browns, but Rice was suppose to have crappies and walleyes hanging out in the same areas, towards the north end bay. Anytime you can catch walleyes and crappies out of the same hole it’s a bonus! My information comes from somone who lives on the lake and fishes it often.

Jon

Bubba
    sauk rapids

does anyone have any info for crappies and walleyes on clearwater i am in desprate need of info im going out there next weekend the 12-13 thanks josh

Anonymous

Bubba,

For the latest information on Clearwater, please stop at BJ’s bait on the lake. Bill, especially if you buy something, will be willing to share information on where to go. What I have heard is the walleye bite is slow, but that can change day to day and week to week. Hope this helps. JonN

Bubba
    sauk rapids

thanks for the help jonH

Anonymous

No problem. Happy to help. Jon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.