Water Temps Big Stone

• Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Has anyone put a boat in at Big Stone? If so, what were the water temps and where did you put in. Thanks, Adam

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hey,,I’m not sure where the temps are at now but my wifes granny said she was out there last week and there was still ICE on the lake. I looked at her a little funny but she was sure there was. Hard to beleive but if that’s the case i’m sure temps will be super cold for the opener. I see that you’re all jacked up for the opener(2nd weekend) as well. We have a crew of about 10 from the st.cloud area that go every year. great times.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Yeah, only 4 more days… if you hear anything thing about the temps lemme know please. The water temps will dictate where we put in. If you see a big Crestliner with a pro team wrap on it, swing by and say high. I’m pretty sure we’ll be starting on the north end pulling boards and blades then jig our way south. Thanks, Adam

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

For sure. We stay at a buddy’s cabin on the MN side each year and since they weren’t sure of the opener date, we reserved the shack for the same weekend as last year. We’re about half way up the lake and typically do well in some areas within a few miles of our basecamp. This is my 4th year going so i’m still learning the lake, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.!! If you’re going the second weekend I’ll keep an eye out for you guys, I’ll be floating in a 1992 Red Lund Angler. there will probly be a few boats following me around.. lol.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

http://www.schmidtslanding.com/fishingreport.htm

I just found this on the bigstone chamber site. it looks like these guys put out a report every now n then. Either way, it surely looks like the water has been open for a while. I know BUd’s baid used to put a report out on theoutdoorsweekly site but noticed that he hasn’t called it in this year. I will make sure to give him some crap when i spend 60$ in bait for the weekend!! hehe

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Thanks for the link, ice off for about 3 weeks by opener. Water should in the low to mid 40’s. If so we’ll have fussy girls and agressive boys. Man I can’t wait to get out there.

BTW, you’ll have plenty company on the 28th with the Border Battle going on. Check you PM’s, Adam

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Getting ready to head out thur to predrink! Look for a white or silver Skeeter!

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I called http://www.schmidtslanding.com/fishingreport.htm just now and talked to Jim. He said he had his boat out this morning and surace temps were right @ 45 degrees. Just looked at the weather for Saturday in Ortonville, 40% chance of rain or thunderstorms and a high of 70 degrees. Shapin up to be a decent weekend. See ya all out there. (Taking my partners boat, TS202 with checkered flag pro-team rap)if you see us swing by. Adam

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Good deal on the water temps and hopefully the rain can hold off for a bit.

And yes, predrink is right.. Last year we started fishing off the dock at 12:01 am,, no fish and only rain for about 2 hours, then my brother pulled in a nice 18″ fatty. OUT came the rain gear and coolers,, was a great time.

blackflaggg2003
    Twig, Minnesota

Hey #5, you can bet I will be sleeping at 2am…hehehe. Just called all around Duluth: NO LEECHES. Need help!

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Blackflag, Buds Bait had leaches in Ortonville but they ran really small.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Leeches, you don’t need no stinkin’ leeches.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.