N St Croix/S Polk small lakes

• Pax
    Woodville, WI

Alright. I’ve been working these small lakes some named some not. Haven’t been doing crap on the panfish but who has on any lake. But the northerns… been pretty good. Got a 37″ on one of these small lakes last Thursday. On another we had 24 flags in 3 hours another day. I’m going to try another tomorrow. The ice is still plenty thick but is starting to get slushy on top. Sure is warm out though. Sooner or later we will get more people to post here.

bkman
    Wisconsin

Glad to hear that you’re having some success anyway. The fishing has been so slow that I haven’t even tried tip up fishing much. Still hoping the crappies start to pick up a little on some of these lakes you’re talking about. Do you fish Wappogasset at all? If you do, have you had any luck with walleyes lately?

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Don’t usually fish the larger lakes but my cousin has been begging me to go up to Bear Trap. He claims he’s found a little “honey hole” for crappies. Won’t tell me where it is – I have to go with him to find out. Guess I’ll have to give it a try since I won’t be able to catch pike. As for the walleyes – Cedar Lake. Try off the finger points on the east side. That’s the only place I,ve heard of putting any out except for the occasional one or two on Wapo.

bkman
    Wisconsin

You won’t see me on Cedar. I think it was 2 years ago now that a truck went through the ice in a spot where there was over 20″ of ice all around where he went through. I think that they thought schools of carp would come to the surface and wear away the ice in spots. I’m sure the locals know where to go but the only time you’ll see me on Cedar is when I’m throwing musky lures. I might give Wappo a try for some walleyes tonight or tomorrow.

Pax
    Woodville, WI

I never drive my own vehicle on lakes. Had a little incident a few years ago with a buddy. We were fishing and the ice was about 20 in thick – in mid Jan. Decided to pack up and leave ( we were walking and carrying our stuff). Walked about 100 yards away and there i was under water. It was about 18 feet deep and took me about 5 minutes to get out. Could never figure out why or how it happened. Since then I won’t ever drive my own truck on the lake but I still don’t mind riding with someone but I always open thhe window no matter where I am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.