Best Bass lake

• Anonymous

Last year our club had a tourny on Balsam and really enjoyed it. Usually we try to go to different lakes each year so we were looking at either Bone or Deer. I was wondering which people thought would be better for 12 boats shortly after opener. Thanks.

Anonymous

I tihnk Bone would be the better of the 2. I feel you guys will put together nicer limits of fish there. Deer would be a fun tourney, but getting a bag of legal fish will be a bit tougher. Deer has tons of 12 inch fish in it now.

~~~~alkfish

Anonymous

Thanks. Do either have smallies?

Anonymous

It’s a motorless lake(trolling motor only), but I have caught my largest large mouth to date out of it. Nugget Lake near Plum City. I caught a 6 pounder out of there last year from a canoe. The weightr is a guesstimate. I measured it to be just under 22 inches with a 15 inch girth. FUll of nice size bass and panfish. Plus, if you know how to work them, there are some nice white-tips in there as well!

Anonymous

I have done a bit of fishin on Butternut. Not too far from Balsam. Not a bad lake but might be a bit small for a tournament. I have not been there in a few years though.

Anonymous

I have not fished either Bone or Deer but from what I know of each lake, I’d have to agree with alkfish and lean toward Bone Lake. I have talked to a good number of anglers who get more excited about Bone than Deer and the only good reason for that? – – – – – results!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.