Chequamegon Bay

• Anonymous

The smallmouths are in their fall patterns. Fish are staging on the edges of deep water and rock and hanging where the baitfish are. Best patterns this week have been live bait Lindy rigged using NO-Snagg sinkers in 3/4 oz and size 1 hook. We took 30 smallies on Wed from 4 to 5 lbs. Another hot bait has been a silver jigging spoon. The new Mepps spinflex also worked well. One other key is to find deep weeds and look for fish in them. The big northerns should also be showing up on the edges of deep weeds. Trout and salmon continue to stage at river mouths between Washburn and Bayfield waiting for rain so they can enter the rivers. Good luck and be safe.

Chris Beeksma

Anonymous

Chris,

I am going to ring your bell just a bit here.

Ghris Beeksma is going to be my guest on Owatonna Today’s Monthly Fishing Show. The show is to be aired on October 11/01. The station is area Bresnan Communications Cable T.V. channel #22 and airs four times that day.

Chris will be discussing rods-line-reels, tips and tactics, times and lures, for the beyond-great smallmouth fishing on Lake Superior at Chequamegon Bay. He has been a professional guide on these waters, in Ashland WI. for many years. I have fished with Chris several times there and had numbers of big fish every time. In my opinion, this is the best smallmouth fishing location in the U.S. today. For more info about Chris Beeksma, or the area, contact Chris by clicking on his banner on the FRL Reports page. Thanks in advance for comming down to Owatonna, Chris, and doing the show!

Hawger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.