Elk Creek lake/creek 5/27- 5/29

• shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

went down to the lake the whole weekend caught some bass on fri. and sat. shot two carp sun. and mon. although they are not spawing yet. people were catching bluegills off shore didn’t try myself —– was to much into the bowfishing zone. went up the creek with the jon boat lost a nice trout like bigger than 16 in. caught one 16 in. about 5 minutes later. all on mepps with the little minnows on it the brighter colors are better. that was about it had a blast with a couple friends.
    shore shiner

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

Dells Pond south eastern shoreline below the 124 bridge and huge sandbar had some 20+ pound carp Sunday sunning themselves in about 1-3 feet. They weren’t too scared of the boat and didn’t spook until within 15 feet. The water is around 10 feet deep and with a 1-3 foot deep ledge running out from the bank for 15-20 feet. Mostly all sand, but the slight bit of leaf/mucky bottom seemed to have more carp.

However, it takes a bit of time to get down there from the Riverview landing.

MuskyHunter27
    Eau Claire, WI

yeah those carp are out spawning….my dad and i went down musky fishing and they were splashin and jumpin all over the place….looked like they had footballs in their bellies

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Water was very murkey after the storm but I managed a little 14” bass today.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.