My tail needs a good cleaning

• Mike Stephens
    WI.

Trailer pigtail that is. Why can’t I find a toothbrush with stiff brass bristles to scrub the pigtail ends? Or is there a better solution? emery cloth? Coca Cola? duct tape?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Or is there a better solution?

Yes ! Just replace the pigtail and use dielectric grease with new one.

I am not sure if CRC Industries Battery Cleaner would work on it or not,but if you have some just spray on the connector terminals,leave set a bit and wash off with warm water.

JMHO Jeff

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Or is there a better solution?

Yes ! Just replace the pigtail and use dielectric grease with new one.

JMHO Jeff

And buy a $2 rubber cover for the end.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Check the welding section at Fleet Farm or any store like that. I have several brushes like that.

rrw

spray it with jd 80 its a conductor penatrant

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I bought a can of battery terminal cleaner at NAPA and it really works wonders for corrosion on electrical contacts. If you get any of that green corrosion/oxidation on an electrical plug, you can spray it on and it eats it away, but won’t damage plastic at all. That has been the best for me, better than coca cola or baking soda in my opinion. It’s pretty cheap too.

maurice

hard to believe but wd 40 will doit every tim e-0-good luck snagged

692fisherman
    champlin mn

they sell actual terminal cleaner kits that contain small files to clean all the connections…. napa, mac tools, snap on tools, northern tool, maybe even harbor freight

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Another option – Soak it in vinegar for a several hours and polish with brass wire brush.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Northern carries small wire brushes as well. That’s where I got mine and use them for connections and batt terminals.

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

A 22 cal. brass brush works great. I carry one all the time for just this application.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.