Places to bass fish arround Hayward

• wisbass
    Eau Claire, Wi

Anybody have any reccomendations for bass fishing lakes arround the Hayward area? I’m going there for a weekend in the middle of June.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I highly recommend Nelson Lake – it is approximately 10 miles north of Hayward – great bass fishing, great panfishing and very good walleye!

jhalfen

Our family has a place on Spider Lake (15 min E of Hayward on 77) and we’re up there almost every weekend from May to October. We enjoy what I would consider to be excellent bass fishing. Send me a PM if you’d like more info. Lots of good bass lakes out that way, including lost land and Teal which has a nice population of smallies. We tend to get a smaller percentage of skiers and water warriors out that way b/c many of the lakes have “quiet” regulations.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I have also heard Nelson is a good bass lake. Have never fished it myself, but some of my bass buddies like going up there.

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Lots of good options that time of year depending on what your looking for (Lac Court Oreilles, Grindstone, Owen, the Chipp and many others). Not sure if your after Large or smallmouth. Keep looking for fishing info over the next month so you can track where the general fish patterns are – they most likely will be done spawning and hopefully coming out of post spawn. Consider various sizes of lakes and you’ll likely find some fish that are gearing up for the summer fead-bag. Check out http://www.pastikas.com as they post fishing reports for the Hayward area – they also can provide suggestions on what might be a good lake. I myself will be up on Lac Court Oreilles the weekend of June 19 – hope to chase smallies, but will look for a different lake if the bite is slow.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I used to fish a lake just up from Hayward, by Cable Wisconsin…called Nameakogon….There is 3 lakes connected and there are a ton of nice bass in this lake…Some monster muskies in with them too…

Another small mouth factory is Round Lake by Hayward…theis is where I caught my 21 incher along with several 17-19 inchers too…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

ecnook is right about Round! I was just up there on Sunday and while the bite was on the slow side, I was pleased with the smallies that came to the boat. They grow ’em big up there so be sure to bring your camera. Do NOT forget the camera!!!

Water temp on Round was only 46 degrees Sunday but dead sticking suspending Rogues put a tug on the end of the line……..if it was a solid gold finish and paused properly! Technique was critically important today and watching my partner for the day, Superfluke, he definitely taught me how it was done! Round will heat up real soon and so will the bite.

larsonmat
    Mondovi, WI

Fished Grindstone last year for bass and it was pretty good for smallies and caught some smaller muskies as well. Anyone here any news up there about the smallies on Shell Lake? I was thinking of giving it a try this weekend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.