Ashland 24th-26th

• ekruger01

Found out the wife planned a trip for next weekend up to the ashland area. Anyone have any pointers to where a guy could find some fish, or does anyone wanna meet up and go out? Im sure I can get her to let me squeeze a few hours of fishing in as she will be there with my mother and our daughter..Let me know if anyone can help!

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Lots of good fishing on the bay, but I don’t know what the ice conditions are. I DO know that the lake isn’t even frozen between Bayfield & Madeline Island. The ferry is still running!! This time of year?? That is insane!! Run out to Anglers All, out US2 on the east end, and they will have good info for you.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ekruger:

One of the easiest close spots I know would be off the east side of the coal docks that sit just to the east of the power plant. Go out to the channel markers and fish up and down the channel, by going north and south you can get depths changes from 6′ to 20′-ish in the channel and back up the other side. Caught everything from bass to trout there in March.

Mark

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

I’ll be fishing in the Mellen area that weekend, if you want some inland action I’ll be on English Lake Saturday and there is a contest on Lake Gallilee on Sunday… Good Luck and stay safe on the Bay if that is where you intend on going. Definitely stop in Anglers All before you go!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.