help with walleyes or perch on lake winnebago

• bryan9

first time to lake winnebago heard to try trolling flats and floating night crawlers or leaches on reefs. live by fond du lac any advice on what to do or where to go? thanks in advance.

little-t
    Plymouth WI

What’s your main goal. Mayb I can help

bryan9

thanks for your reply, new to the area main goal is to find walleyes

clwuensch
    Rockland, Wi

My buddy Steve, his brother George and I just got back from Winnebago at 5:00, and we limited out on walleyes between 15 to 18 inches trolling crawler harnesses in the mud. Headed out of Menominee boat landing until we hit 17.5 to 18ft of water, turned the trolling motor on auto-pilot (North, North-East) at 1.2 to 1.4 mph, put one ounce in-lines on with various color combos (hammered gold or silver #3 blades were best) let out 26Ft of line, a planer board and held on for dear life; between all the walleyes, the white bass and the sheephead we were busy from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm! My partners had never been there before, and needless to say, they will return! Feel free to message me or call me at 608-790-1240 if you have questions.

Curt

bryan9

went out this morring south side near fond du loc trolled crank baits on the flats drifted crawler harnesses gold with red beeds on edge of the weed beds and reefs. I was in 7 to 10ft of water. I was on the lake from 7:00am to 11:30am some small perch, small white bass and about three sheephead. not one walleye I have never used planer boards. Thank you for the info Curt, maybe give you a call next time i go out. I will have to try the north end next time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.