Jigglesticks Camp Report Feb 23

• russjudy
    Minnesota

the fishing report is as follows.
    last weeks success rate I would put at or near 30 %
    the perch saved the day because the walleyes only seemed to make guest appearances.

still found them in 19-26 feet of water, but the perch were right there with them.
    a lot of looker type fish on the graph.

prime time did not seem to mean much this week, but the morning window seemed to spit out the most consistent action.
    all of the walleyes that were caught in my house came up in the morning.
    the perch were off and on all day and we had some damned nice fish coming up with at least a half dozen that I saw topping 12 inches. a couple near 13.

most of the fish were caught on fatheads, but I did catch walleyes on shiners.
    the jigs were anything from plain gamakatsu #2’s or #4’s below a split shot,
    to genz bugs to gem’n’eyes and buckshot spoons in rainbow and perch color.

I am noticing a lot of bait fish action on my graph now too where as earlier in the year I didn’t see it as much as in years past.
    not sure what it means, but I do know that where there are little fish, the big fish aren’t usually far behind.

the key this time of year when the bite seems to slow, is to keep moving and changing presentations.
    eventually something is going to work.
    it might be the fish, it might be the weather, it might be the location, but I believe that any day or time, some where on that big lake, the fish are biting. all we need to do is find them.
    I know you’re not going to catch any thing from the couch.
    get out there and fish!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

got a trip planned up there in two weeks! Can’t wait! Keep those reports coming in. We are staying at Denny’s for the first time.

russjudy
    Minnesota

I do know Jigglestick is heading for a crappie lake now to zero in on crappies like last year
    give me an e-mail and i can give you some contact spots

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.