Hot Bite?

• Anonymous

Finally got my internet back up. Hey did any of you get on the lake over Labor Day weekend or since then? Wow we had great success sunday and monday of Labor day weekend. In 12 hours of walleye fishing we caught about 50 walleyes on the bars. Monday morning with the rain and changing winds we caught about 20 in 4 hours! We got 6 in the 22-23″ range and my wife had 2 eyes about 24-25″ just out of reach of the net and they got off. I was really impressed.

Anonymous

James-walleye
    Well its not the normal bite this time of the year but who’s to complain. The fish are holding to the big mid-lake structure yet but they are eating. I have been out almost daily since the labor day weekend and yep your right on when you say fun. Winnie is hardly being fished this year and I am not sure why but its been pretty darn good all year long. Hey one question for you….did you run into the 2000 class of walleyes meaning the 6-10 inch eyes at all? My guess is that you couldn’t keep them off and when you did the bigger eater and slot fish where on. Boy is Winnie going to be great in the following years, hard to believe that this lake can hold some many fish, but year in and year out its a factory. Hey thanks for the update and its to bad about the fish being lost at the boat….Are you heading up to Winnie any more this fall?

Anonymous

Yes Sean we caught the 6-10″ers. I would say for every 10 fish we caught 5 were 15″ to 16 1/2″. 3 were 6-10″ers and 2 were in the 18-22″ range. We were in the middle of a pile of boats sunday morning on Big Muskie and the 2 gals in the boat doubled on 22 and 23″ers. Man were there some jealous looks aiming at our boat. I was dialed in on the presentation and depth and we sure spanked em. I wish i was coming up again this fall but i dont think i’ll get up again until next summer. My wifes family goes every year for a week on the July/August crossover week. So i’m hoping in the future to get eyes figured out for that time of year. Once i have my OWN boat and dont have to borrow the father-in-laws there will be multiple trips to Winnie every year!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.