Bemidji area question? Sean??

• Anonymous

I will be visiting my sister in-laws in two weeks in Bemidji. I have been given permission to bring the boat.
    If you were to recommend a lake for the best chance at some decent walleye action………..?
    I am willing to drive a half hour or so from Bemigji. Black duck? PLantanganet?

Thanks a lot!

Jim W

Anonymous

I may not be Sean, but Lake Bemidji(zero miles) and Cass(18 miles) come to mind. If you add 10 minutes, Winnie and Leech(both 35 miles). Add another hour and you could fish parts of the Rainey River or LOTW(100 miles).

MAN! It makes me want to move!

Anonymous

Thanks daveb!! I guess I should have been more explicit in my quander. Yah , I am aware of Leech and Winnie and Lake
    Bemidgj. I guess I am looking for something “less traveled” so to speak. Maybe on the lines of a “smaller” lake??
    Follow me? Sometimes I can’t convey very well in my writing.
    A lake that wouldn’t necessarily take me all day to find active walleyes. I am fairly confident in finding fish, but only
    and probably given one day to fish, that cuts down my options. PLus, I might be fishing alone.

THanks again Dave! I truly appreciate the response!

Keep the rods bendin’!!

Jim W

Anonymous

Blackduck or Cass would both be good choices, but with Lake bemidji being right there, I think that might be your best bet. Lake Bemidji shouldn’t have a ton of pressure or boats.
    Winnie wouldn’t be a bad choice. You could land on the South end and fish some of the structure just out from there or both the east and west shorelines. I will post what happening a bit closer to your trip and let you know if its worth your time to come to Winnie, it should be real close to a shoreline bite by then.

Anonymous

Thanks Sean for the suggestions. It looks like I will be tryin out Black Duck and Lake Bemidji. Any suggestions or have you
    heard anything about the bite on either of those two? Crawlers, leeches(still?) minnows/shiners? Depths? I know
    I am asking a lot, but never floating these two bodies of water, gotta ask!
    It will definitely be fun hitting new water!! Thanks again Sean for your help!!

Jim W

Anonymous

Jim,

I haven’t heard much on how the bite is, but normally the bite is pretty similar to Winnie. You should be able to catch some nice fish on Bemidji fishing the mid-lake structure. Blackduck has some nice points and weedlines that should be holding fish. It never hurts to try to pull cranks along the shorelines, its been a decent bite here lately. Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.