Update

• sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

The first week is coming to a close and we have had some challenging conditions but overall the bite has been pretty consistent.

Over the last couple days with the high winds we have focused on the west shore mainly on Mallard pont and Stoney point to find nice groups of active fish.

The walleyes are liking the MAXGAP jigs tipped with a shiner in the 9-12 foot of water. We have seen very few areas of large schools of fish. The fish seem to be spread out as are the shiners.

Water temps yesterday range from 53-55 degrees. We are about 2-3 degrees away from seeing a great bite.

I would expect that this weekend should be a good bite, as the bite improves I will let you know.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Thanks for the update!

Do you have a brother Cory? He played Hockey at ICC (I Can’t Count) in Rapids! I think it was about 1994-96?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Nice report. Good to see you again Sean.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks for the update buddy. I had a good time fishing with Tim on opener. Gotta love that Ranger!!! I am heading up to Winnie tomorrow and again on Saturday. Putting in at Bowens tomorrow so I can meet Bill. I’ll be running the 520 so if you see the rooster tail, give me a shout.
    See ya on the water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.