Where are the Walleye’s?

• sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

A pretty common question as of late on Winnie. But it looks like the bite might be finally switching gears and getting ready for that well known fall frenzy.
    With an abundance of baitfish the bite has slowed downed drastically over the last two weeks, but over the last couple of days we have finally seen some signs of life.
    The fish seem to want jigs and minnows at times, and others they still want those crawlers of a Lindy rig.
    Cutfoot seem to be the most consistent bite with good numbers of fish holding on Center bar, Bob’s Bar, the clam beds and a few of the points in Macavity Bay.
    The best depth in Cutfoot seem to be in that 13-17 foot of water. IF you are having a tough time getting bit, try slow the presentation down. THe fish are full and they aren’t willing to chase, keep sticking that bait in there face.
    Hopefully this will be the weekend when the bite breaks loose.

StaleMackrel

Than you very much for this post Sean. I had an athletic director at WSU back in the late 50’s who told us not to schedule a homecoming game around the fall equinox as the weather is alway unsettled. I thought, “yeah, right”! Well Dr. Luther McGowan was right! I hope to hook up with you this fall or next spring. Thanks again for the reoport! JJ

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Sean! It’s nice to see a report like the one above. Just this morning i was looking at a guides report..it was a home page. It seemed like they were always biting…by reading his reports. But that’s another issue…

Hey, when they do pick up, shoot me a pm. I would love to come up for a day, but don’t want to tow the boat and get all that “other” stuff ready… since you use those St Croix rods…I’ll just use yours. I like easy…me, a change of cloths and a cup of coffee.

If you have an opening on a short notice….let me know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.